Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Going darker

 I needed a change, so I decided to dye my hair a dark brown with some red in it.  I loved the outcome in the salon, but when I got home I wasn't so sure anymore.  Matt and the girls loved it.  It was funny they asked me if I was new.  I needed another girls opinion though because I was going to one of my good friends growing up wedding reception.  I haven't seen a lot of these people in years so I didn't want to go looking like a freak. The last time I did something drastic the outcome was awful.  I bleached my hair, and I looked like an Albino.  I tried to convince myself that I looked ok.  When my Mom saw me she was dead honest and said it looked terrible.  When I went to my college classes the next day I felt as if I were wearing some kind of neon sign on my head that lit up my hair making it so that everyone was staring at me.  They probably weren't, but it sure felt like it.  I got if fixed quick.  I will never bleach my hair again!

Anyways back to needing another girls opinion, my Mom was out of town, Sister and Sister in laws live to far away.  I called my friend Jacoy, she wasn't home.  I called my other friend Beth she was busy.  I didn't have anymore time to try my other friends because I had to leave to go to the reception which was over an hr. away.  As soon as I got to the reception all of my insecurities about my hair were washed away.  I got so many good compliments, that made me feel so good!  Someone even told me that they liked the new color better than my old color.  I think that I do too!  My Mom likes the color.  It was funny when I picked her up from the airport.  She didn't recognize me when I got out of the car, and she did a double take.  Too funny!  It feels nice to have a change. =)

1 comments:

Darrell & Valerie said...

I like the new color. It really suits you!