My Mom just recently turned 60 the end of November. For her Birthday I took her to see Breaking Dawn. I wanted to get her a cake, but she told me she didn't want one. I think it's because her birthday is so close to Thanksgiving that the thought of sweet stuff just makes you want to gag. I understood, and was fine with just going to eat at Cafe Rio, and going to the movie. We had fun!
Then last Thursday my Brother Quinn called and asked if we were going to do anything for Mom's birthday. He really wanted to do a cake. So I said that I would make dinner and he could do the cake. He really wanted to do something for her on Thanksgiving. Which we should have, but it just didn't happen. I'm glad he was pushing to this.
I called my Mom and got it all set up, and we celebrated her Birthday yesterday. I made my White Chili, Cornbread, and Salad. It was super yummy, I love that combo! Then it was time to bring out the cake. It was beautiful! Quinn had the people put this saying on the cake: Turning 60 is like peeing in a pool... If your lucky nobody will notice! LOL My Mom got a kick out of it, and loved her cake.
It was a chocolate cake with a cream cheese filling, super yummy! The frosting on the outside of the cake was good, but super rich. The flowers on top were beautiful, but did not taste that great. Kenzie and Maddie wanted to eat a whole one each. They started too, and then while holding it their fingers started to turn Red. Then I saw their mouths and teeth and they were completely red. I laughed and said no more, go wash your hands and do not touch anything. Kenzie had eaten the most of her flower and her mouth was still red. What is it Red dye #10? LOL Quinn did an excellent job on picking out the cake. My Mom was excited! She hasn't had a cake in years. I don't know why we haven't pushed to do this before. We are definitely going to do it again next year. Cake and candles are very important, it's tradition to have them and be sung too! Anyways Happy 60th Birthday Mom! You don't look it one bit! Love you!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment