May 1, 2013:
Snow
is such a lovely way to start the month of may. Welcome to Utah!
I love this! Lighthouses are so symbolic. I
love them and what they stand for. My bathroom is lighthouse themed. I collect
lighthouses. They are just beautiful, and make me smile.
This just makes me smile!
May 2, 2013:
Never underestimate the power of gentleness and
sensitivity - these qualities will help you navigate the forest of your life,
and are expressions of powerful instinctual energies that not only help you
survive, but also help you thrive. - Steven D. Farmer
That really resonates with me. It's ok to be gentle, and sensitive.
“Don’t be gloomy. Do
not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully
the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. ‘Accentuate
the positive.’ Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a
twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in
your heart. Love life.” –Gordon B. Hinckley
Great advice President Hinckley!
Good, beauty, and positive is always there.
Look for it!
God bless America!
May 3, 2013:
|
I love these 2 quotes:
"There are only 2 ways to live your life. 1 is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein "Stay open all hours for miracles today" - Robert Holden I am going to take Mr. Einstein's and Mr. Holden's advice and live as though everything is a miracle and stay open all hours for miracles! |
Now that is funny! =)
May 4, 2013:
What is the deal with people lately? I swear
heads are going to be rolling. Mistakes happen, but i'm sick of it happening
with our money. Adding a number on, or not taking an extra number off can make
a big deal people. We were audited back in march saying that we owed $1150.
There was a mistake made and we still owe money, but not $1150. The IRS was
supposed to subtract $500 from that. We got our new
total in the mail a couple of days ago, and they still said that we owed $1103.
I was a bit ticked when I saw this. We had to call again to get it taken care
of. It turns out someone only entered in 50 instead of 500. They only took away
$50 from the $1150.
Then this morning I checked my bank account. I see
an e-check to Kohls for $222.13. I was again ticked. I recently went into the
store to pay my bill of $22.13. Now I have to go in and get it taken care of
again. Wasting my time. For crying out loud people! Be more careful! Your
mistakes could cause some serious damage. What if I didn't have money in my account
to cover that $222.13? A bounced check with added fees, and who knows what
else. Double check your work. Geewhiz...
I have been thinking a lot about my friends
lately. I love my friends, they make me happy, and I love spending time with
them just as I do my own family. I consider them part of my family.
I smiled when I came across this quote:
" Friends are the siblings God never gave us." Mencius
I'm so thankful for my Soul Sisters, and my Soul Brothers, and that you are a
part of my life!
May 5, 2013:
Breathe in the best of the day. Breathe out
everything else.
May 6, 2013:
Make it your intention today to be so happy you
almost feel guilty, but not quite.
-Robert Holden
I am choosing to be happy.
Change your thoughts, change your life.
May 7, 2013:
I wish I lived closer to my Sister. I don't
talk to her as often as I should. She is a busy person. When I get to talk to
her it rejuvenates me, but makes me miss her more.
Try counting your blessings instead of counting
the things you don't have, especially before you go to bed. When you put
yourself to sleep with thoughts of the wonders in your life, you honor the
world and the people around you. - Loretta Laroche
Be grateful for the things you do have! I have started a gratitude journal. I
write in it just before I go to bed. It does wonders for me to see how blessed
I have been throughout the day.
May 8, 2013:
You know I really like working out by myself in
the comfort of my own home. I have been working out, but it's been a struggle.
Lately I have been going over to a friends house (it's been 3 days total that I
have gone) to work out at someone else's house. It's out of my comfort zone to
do that. I have to say that it's been very motivational for me especially
today. I did a workout that I haven't done in a long long time. It felt good to
be able to do the whole thing without stopping. It felt good to be able to
motivate my friend to keep going. It felt good to get my heart rate up. It felt
great to feel and be strong! It's all very liberating! =)
Stop wasting your time with worry!
Today I will stop trying to control my
relationships. I will participate at a reasonable level and let the other
person do the same I can let go, knowing that the relationship will find its
own life - or not - and that I don't have to do all the work, only my share. -
Melody Beattie
I really really like this! I keep getting bogged down worrying about if I'm
doing enough, or not enough, or just being annoying or pushy. I want to do my
share, and quit putting it all on my shoulders. I am attracting people into my
life who really want to be with me, and who will help share the load. I am
attracting like minded people. I am attracting people who love and support me.
May 9, 2013:
Give yourself an award today, or ask for a
standing ovation. Even if it's just for preparing a fabulous breakfast, getting
the kids to school on time, or just breathing - we all need acknowledgment. -
Loretta Laroche
It's nice to be acknowledged, cheered on, and appreciated. I think I am going
to give myself an award today! =)
If you knew what was coming today you'd be
smiling from ear to ear. Smile and see what happens! - Cheryl Richardson
SMILE ☺☺☺☺☺☺ SMILE ☺☺☺☺☺☺ SMILE ☺☺☺☺☺☺ SMILE
May 11, 2013:
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! You
guys are amazing and have made me feel loved, appreciated, and acknowledged. I
really really appreciate it. It has been a great day, and it is only going to
get better. I'm so excited Matt is taking me to a Piano Guys Concert tonight at
Abravanel Hall! My Mom is watching the girls. What a great date night birthday
present don't ya think?! =)
This was by far the best birthday ever!!! One
of the best days ever!!! Words can't even begin to describe how I feel. The Piano
Guys were amazing! Jon Schmidt and Steven Nelson totally inspire me. I didn't
want the concert to end, and was a bit sad when it was over. Next piano guys
concert we are taking McKenzie and Madisynn with us. I love feel good music,
i'm thinking I need to update my Ipod again.
May 12, 2013:
Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful
women all over the world! I'm so thankful to have so many amazing examples of
motherhood all around me past, present, and future. Enjoy your day ladies! I am
so thankful to be given the opportunity to be McKenzie and Madisynn's Mom. It
is very rewarding!
May 13, 2013:
Expect the best today so you can recognize it
when it shows up. - Cheryl Richardson
May 14, 2013:
Another mistake made with money. Is my patience
and attituded being tested? I checked my bank account today like I do daily. I
see a charge for redbox for $25.56. I knew that wasn't right. We always return
our DVD's the next day or two. I always make sure that the screen says return
was successful, and wait till it goes back to the home screen before leaving. I
called Redbox customer service to see what movie it
was, and why we were being charged this amount. The guy I talked to was very
nice, and easy to understand. Thank goodness!
He gets the information he needs to be able to help
me. He tells me it is a movie rented on April 19, 2013. He can't tell me the
name of the movie because I'm not the card holder. It's against the law to
release that information for privacy reasons. Frustrating, but I can see why. I
told him that we always return our movies. He asked if I had gotten an email
return confirmation. I told him we probably did, but I didn't remember. I
quickly checked and their was no email. I probably deleted it.
I asked him if their was anything he could do to
get our money back. He says well I could give you some free movie codes. I
didn't want that. He asks if I knew where we had returned it. I told him that
it was most likely the Reams right by our house. He then tells me that they
could send someone to go check and see if the DVD got stuck. He gives me a
transaction number and tells me to call back on thursday. I said thank you for
your help, and hung up.
I hung up feeling a little frustrated because I
didn't know what movie it was. Matt was asleep and I didn't want to wake him
up. I didn't have to wait long though because Matt just woke up about 20 min
ago. I told him about the situation, and he called back. He was able to get it
all worked out, and money refunded.
On April 19th we had about 4 free promo codes. Matt
and the girls went to use one of the promo codes. The girls wanted to watch Ice
age 4 so they got it. It wasn't until they got back in the van when Kenzie
looked at the movie in her hand and says what movie is this. Matt looks at it
and it is not ice age 4. It was some pg-13 movie that probably wasn't
appropriate for kids. Matt and the girls walk back and return it, and use
another promo code on the other kiosk redbox at the store. That time Ice Age 4
came out.
We did return the movie the next day. When Matt
talked to the lady she said the 2nd ice age 4 movie was returned, but not the
first. Obviously, since it was totally a different movie that came out! I'm
just glad that it all worked out, and that we didn't have to pay for a movie
that we don't even own.
Love is my Gift to the world. I fill myself
with love, and I send that love out into the world. How others treat me is
their path; how I react is mine. - Wayne W. Dyer
I always try and tell myself to think before I react. Sometimes it doesn't
always work out that way. I do try though to make that consious effort.
Remember Jesus said to Love everyone; so do it, love everyone!
Dentist visit today was successful. No tears
shed, nobody was hurt. It was all good! In fact the girls were so excited to
go. Maddie kept asking me if it was the dentist time yet for about a week now.
Matt and I were the only ones dreading it. I was looking forward to talking
with April. She is the best dental hygienist ever! She is so calm, sweet, and
gentle. I love that she remembers that I have sensitive teeth, and that she always goes out of
her way to make us feel comfortable. I love that she is always the one to clean
our teeth, and that she is happy to see us. Anyways, the girls had no cavities.
Matt had his same 2 from last time, and I think 1 new one. I had just a cracked
filling. That's not my fault right? It doesn't count!
Pessimists may be more accurate, but optimists
live longer. - Loretta Laroche
Be an optimist! It's a better way to live life. =D
Yes! I love it! LOL =D
May 16, 2013:
You're always alone, but you're only lonely if
you don't like the person you're alone with. - Wayne Dyer
I enjoy my own company. =D
May 17, 2013:






















0 comments:
Post a Comment