Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grandpa Lemon

On Friday December 12th Matt's Grandpa passed away. He had been sick for a few months, and his health went downhill around thanksgiving time. I loved Matt's Grandpa very much and I know Matt did too. We still do. Whenever we saw him he was so happy to see us and he always gave you a big tight hug and would look you in the eyes and tell you how much he loved you. He was a very sweet man. I feel bad that the girls and I didn't really get the chance to establish a better relationship with him. We lived in California for almost 5 years, and we only saw them a couple of times in that 5 years. What I regret most is that we didn't take the time to go and visit them more when we moved back. I'm grateful that we were able to say goodbye to him. It was so sweet to see our little girls hug him and kiss him, and say I love you papa. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I was grateful to give grandpa a hug, a kiss, and say I love you, and i will see you again. It was hard to see him suffer, and I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore. When he died Matt's Mom called to let us know, and when I saw the caller ID I knew that Grandpa had passed. I was able to hold it together on the phone, but when I got off, I just lost it. I don't deal with death very well. It's heart wrenching. It's necessary though. I'm grateful for our Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the Atonement, the Plan of Salvation. For this we will be able to see our loved ones again. We Love you Grandpa, and we will miss you. We will see you again!

3 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

How sad I am so sorry to hear this.

Shaina said...

Hope you had a beautiful Christmas! So sad about your loss.

Rayna said...

Sorry to hear about your families loss. How is everyone doing?
Just wanted to say Hi. haven't heard anything from your neck of the woods.