Friday, February 13, 2009

Medical Appointment

Wednesday was a big day. McKenzie had her kindergarten appointment. I can't believe that she is going to be in Kindergarten this year. It's so crazy! She was excited to go to the Dr. I have no idea why. I never was excited to go to the Dr! So anyways I didn't know how involved this appointment was. We were there for a long time. She has great hearing. She is not color blind, good thing too because Matt is. She is blind though, she is definitely going to need glasses. That was the hardest part of the whole appointment. She has never done a vision test before. We did it twice to make sure it wasn't a shyness thing. The first time they did the letter one, and the 2nd one they did the E one. They got the same results. Her results were 20/30 in her Right eye, and 20/50 in her Left eye. Man I was really hoping that we would not have to do the whole glasses thing with our children. Kind of hard though seeing as both Matt and I wear glasses. I guess we better take her to an eye doc and see what they have to say.

Next I didn't know that you had to do a urine sample too. If I would have known that I wouldn't have had her pee before we left the house. She really didn't get much in the cup. McKenzie thought that the whole cup thing was pretty cool. I didn't seeing as though I was the one holding the cup! I'm glad she didn't pee on my hand! While waiting for the Doc, the nurse assistant comes in and asks me if McKenzie ever complains that it hurts when she pees. I was like no, Why? She tells me that their is a whole lot of blood in her urine, and other things as well. I can't remember the words. She says that it's possible that she might have UTI. Nice. I was also worried about the blood in the Urine because Matt has blood in his urine, and it's an indicator for lupus. Matt doesn't have it, but his Mom does. Anyways I haven't heard back from the Dr. so she doesn't have a UTI. That's good, but that doesn't explain the blood in the Urine. I'm going to have to talk to Matt's mom about it. Lupus is not something you want to have. She probably doesn't have it, but it's something I've always worried about when Matt and I decided to have children. I'm not going to stress about it.
Finally the Dr. made it into our room. He was happy with how McKenzie acted, and looked. McKenzie was very shy at first, but warmed up after about 5 min. The next best part of the whole appointment was she didn't have to get any shots because I did them last year. Wahoo!!!! I was so happy with how well behaved McKenzie was, she did such a wonderful job! I told her I would take her to the $ spot at target and let her choose a treat for doing so good. She was excited, and was just beaming about it! I'm so glad this appointment is over and done with. Registration is March 11th and 12th. It's coming way too fast! So lastly here is a picture of the happy girl with her treat that she chose:

6 comments:

Chrystal Wilcox said...

Josh is going to be going to kindergarden in the fall, I didn't even think about it. Does he have to have a kindergarden appointment before registration?

The Reimers Family said...

The unknown and the waiting is the scariest part, let us all know what you find out about her.

Shaina said...

What a happy and big girl! She's going to love school.
Hope the test results leave you without worry. That is hard to wait.

mamaduck said...

I get to keep Zac at home for one more year. He misses the start date by one month! But I don't mind, my babies are growing too fast!
I've never had to get the kids to pee in a cup. Ick!

Holmes Home said...

It's so fun to watch our kids reach those same miletones together. Colton and McKenzie are the same age and Madisynn and Addison are the same. Time sure flies, can't believe it's been almost 3 years since we left Travis and saw you all.

Elise said...

Kate is going into kindergarten in the fall also. So weird that our kids are growing up so fast. Is the doctor going to do more tests? Praying that everything is okay. It will be!!

BTW, you are looking fabulous.