As I mentioned in an earlier post that I was putting pinterest on hold. Pinterest is good, but it was distracting me way too much. It actually was making me unhappy, and feeling overwhelmed. I felt like I had to pin everything. I looked at my boards and realized that more than half of the stuff I wasn't ever going to do. So I went through and deleted about 2000 pins. Man it felt great! I'm not going to do any more pinning, but I will keep my boards up for when I need or feel like I need to use them.
I'm also not using facebook as much. I'm not deleting my account, but will go on to wish people a happy birthday, and once in awhile just scan through. Facebook was also making me very unhappy. I know this sounds ridiculous but it made me envious of everyone else's life. I felt like I wasn't good enough, and that I was always in competition with the world. It's exhausting. It just gets so exhausting trying to keep up with everything. Life is not about how many followers or friends you have, or who comments on your posts or status updates. I have realized that life for me is about learning, and improving, and enjoying it at the same time.. I know for me personally I wasn't learning and improving and enjoying it by these things in my life. For me to addicting. I don't like the feeling of being addicted, and having it rule my life. I'm not saying that it's bad for everyone just me.
As an afterthought I have also realized that life is not about how many push ups, or sit ups you can do, or how much you weigh, or how far you can run. I have also felt like I have been in competition in those areas as well. Fitness and health are important, and i'm going to keep exercising and being healthy. I need to learn how to not feel guilty when eating crappy and feeling like I need to go do an extreme workout to burn off the calories. I realize I am a good person. I realize that I do have things to offer the people around me, I just need to figure out what those things are. Wish me luck! It feels great to admit these feelings and get them out of me. Please keep me in your prayers that I can find ways and things to do make life totally awesome for me and my family. Thanks! I'm a big boob, and a drama queen.
Monday, June 4, 2012
Making my life more enjoyable and learning in the meantime
Posted by
Karen
at
12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment