Monday, February 18, 2013

Bunco

I have been in a bunco group for a few years now.  I love the woman that I play with.  They are so much fun!  At last months bunco we picked the months that we wanted to host.  I decided that I would be the next one to host, so I chose to host for the month of Februaty.  As soon as I left that night I started brainstorming for ideas for the upcoming bunco party.  When I got home I got on pinterest to find ideas too.  Could you tell I was just a little bit excited?  I had a month to plan, I wanted to be ontop of it and not feel stressed.

While I was on pinterest I came across a pin that was a saying about chocolate.  I really liked it, and thought to myself that it would be fun to have a chocolate themed bunco night.  It's Valentines day, and chocolate goes so well with it, so I went with it.  I searched for about another hour and found the chocolate sayings I liked.  I liked so many of the sayings that I wished I could have a tile for each person in the group.  I couldn't do that so I decided that I would just add a couple more prizes to the game.  In the past I always do an extra prize for those who break even.  Who have an even amount of wins and losses.  So I added that again, and added in the prize for snake eyes.  Snake eyes is when you roll three ones together.  The prize would be for the person who rolled the most snake eyes.

I wanted to get some of Matt's vinyl work out there so I asked him if he could design some tiles for me with these sayings.  He loves to make me happy, so he jumped right on board.  I love my husband!  Matt spent a lot of time on these tiles, and I loved how they turned out.  He did such a good job!  I couldn't wait for my friends to win and get their prizes.  I thought it would be fun to include the stand for the tiles, and a huge candybar for each prize as well.

It was so nice to be on top of it all and have everything planned and the stuff I could finish ready to go a week and a half before bunco night.  I always tend to go all out on food and everything when I host, something.  It's more fun that way.  I have been under some stress though and I didn't want to do something that would take me all day to make.  I decided on 8 can Taco Soup, Rhodes Rolls with a yummy butter, garlic powder, and onion salt over the top, a salad, and chocolate cake for dessert.  Soda and water to drink.  I put cinnamon bears, and chocolate candy in bowls on the tables so everyone could snack while they played.  It was easy, and it was nice not to be stressed out about everything.  Usually I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off right before people start showing up, and it was nice to be calm right before people came.

We had 3 subs come this time, and they meshed well with the group.  I missed our regular players, but it was fun getting to know these people that came and subbed for those that were gone.  I'm thankful that I heard back from everyone quickly when I sent out a message saying when bunco was.  I found 3 people to sub very quickly.  I'm just so happy I didn't feel stress over this.  Well I felt stress over wheather or not everyone would like the prizes.

Bunco was a success.  The whole night was a success.  I had so much fun, and I think everyone else did too.  Well it seemed like they were all having fun.  When it came time to give out the prizes I was nervous and excited.  When the first person opened up their bag and pulled out the tile with it's stand and huge candybar I held my breath while the person read what was on it.  Everyone laughed when they heard the words from the tile.   I was releived when I started hearing that is so cute, and funny.  It made my day when one of the woman said is this really what Matt does?  I have a family reuinion coming up, and I'm going to have to use him.  I really hope she does, that would be so awesome!  I'm so thankful that I got to host, and that everything worked out well.  There really was no need to stress and worry.  I'll try not to next time.  Also yestertday I got a phone call from one of the woman in the group wanting Matt to make her 3 tiles for her family bunco group.  She wanted me to pick out 3 of the chocolate sayings that I had.  This is exactly what I wanted to hear!  That made my night.

Here are the 6 X 6 tiles and 2 X 4 magnet Matt made for the bunco prizes:








This is the magnet matt made for the snake eye prize.  He used a brown shower glass tile.  It was really neat because it looked like a candybar!  So here it is:
I think they turned out really well!  Thanks to everyone who came.  I had fun!

1 comments:

Darrell & Valerie said...

These are GREAT!!!!!!!