So yes the time has finely come. McKenzie started Kindergarten this past Monday August 31st. I have been dreading it, and wanting it. I hope that makes sense. I have been dreading it because it means she is growing up, and I won't see her all day. It makes me sad. I've been wanting it only when she is being a little Grouchy stinker. So I was a mess anxiety wise. The week before school started I had trouble sleeping and I would cry here and there realizing what was about to come. I asked Matt to give McKenzie, Maddisynn, and Me blessings. The blessing helped me. I wasn't as anxious, and teary as I thought I would be.
I decided to start a new schedule for me so I would have more time with my kiddos. I decided I would get up at 5 and get the things done that I needed to get done before the girls woke up. That means getting my butt to bed earlier. So I did wake up at 5:20, and wouldn't you know it McKenzie was up too. I was like are you kidding me get back to bed! She went back to bed for a little while, but ended getting up and out of bed at 6:30. She was soooooo excited! She was ready to go! I still wasn't ready. So I got done doing what I was doing, got ready. Had her lye down on the couch and wait for me, so Maddie could sleep a little longer. When we were all done with getting ready and eating breakfast I took the first day of school pictures. Here they are:




Madisynn absolutely adores McKenzie, she loves giving her hugs, and following her! Anyways McKenzie is so stinking cute, and is so ready for kindergarten. So we were off after the picture taking. We made it to school with a little time to spare. I looked around and all of these Mothers were taking all of these pictures of their kids. I felt bad and guilty that I didn't bring my camera. I just didn't think I could handle it. I was on the verge of tears as it was, and my camera sucks! So the bell rings for them to line up and get to class. McKenzie didn't have any problems, she did great, and I was so proud of her! She found her name of where to hang her backpack, she found her name of where to sit. She was ready! I didn't want to leave, but I had to. I would have burst into tears the minute I walked out, but I had Maddie to take care of, so my eyes just watered a little.
When I got home it was so quiet, it was weird and nice. I was able to get my cleaning done and out of the way. There was no fighting, and screaming. It was nice. I still missed McKenzie though more than ever. I was so excited to go and pick her up and see her! It was so cute to see her and the class walking with their teacher Mrs. Newsome. She saw me and ran to give me a hug! It made my day! I'm glad we made it through the first day, and that we are continuing to get through each day. McKenzie has made a couple of friends, Rachael and Austin. She is learning, and just loving life!
I decided to take a few more pictures today:



Things will be all right. She has an awesome teacher, the school is close, I have a good support group. It will be all right!



Things will be all right. She has an awesome teacher, the school is close, I have a good support group. It will be all right!
3 comments:
It will be great, for both of you! I'm glad the first day went well.
Glad that she had a good day. It is hard when they need to adjust. Brennan is loving his, it took him a day or two since he thought it would be just like his headstart class. She is getting so big.
Oh how cute! Its okay to cry. I balled for days after taking McKell. Gabe has been easier, but I do miss my little buddy.
Post a Comment