Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Husband =)

My dear sweet husband, I love him so much!!!  I'm glad that he is alive!  This morning he was in a car accident.  Totally not his fault.  He was on his way home from work driving on Bachus Highway at about 5 in the morning.  He had the cruise control set at 60 which was the speed limit.  Well there was a car tailgateing him.  The car had every opportunity to pass Matt, but it didn't.  When Matt got to the spot where another lane comes in, Matt switched lanes.  So this car that was tailgateing matt speeds past Matt and cuts him off .  Matt had to slam on the brakes and swerve.  When he came to the side of the road which was gravely Matt lost control of the car, and rolled it.  He rolled about 3 or 4 times down a steep hill.  The car that tailgated matt didn't even stop, just kept right on driving.  Jerk!!!  Luckily Matt was ok.  He walked away.  He called me right away, and you know when you get a call at 5 am it's never good.  Well at least for me, since Matt isn't home at that time.  I knew right away that it wasn't going to be good.  I'm just glad that he was ok.  I kept my cool, I let him know that I loved him, and that things would be ok.  I also said that I was pretty ticked with other car, and in no way was I mad at him.  How could I be???  I mean if he would have been driving recklessly  I would have been pretty mad.  Anyways he was going to call 911, but a lady that saw matt roll down the hill called for him.  She didn't see the car that caused the accident, which is too bad.  I hope the guy or girl gets caught somehow.  The lady stayed of course so she could give her witness report.  The car was towed, we have a rental car, and we are just waiting for the assesment process right now.  The car is totaled in my opinion, and I hope the insurance thinks so too.  The car looks aweful.  I can't believe I forgot to grab the camera when we went to go pick up our things at the tow center.  We used our cell phone to take pictures, and we don't have an adaptor to download them to our computer.  We are going to go get one so I can show you what the car looks like now.  I can't believe Matt walked away with just a few scratches on his hand.  He is a little sore, but I'm sure that when he wakes up he isn't going to be feeling to good.  I'm so glad he was wearing a seatbelt!  Seatbelts save lives, they really do!!!  Road Rage is an aweful thing.  I'm thinking next time someone is tailgateing me on 2 lane highway I will just pull off to the side and let them pass if they don't do it willingly.  Anyways I will keep you all updated on how things go, and as soon as we get that adapter I will download pictures for you to see.
You know Matt may not be the biggest talker, he may play video games and computer games too much,(he has calmed down a lot with it because I have asked him too) he may spend too much time on facebook(facebook is addicting, and it could be worse, and I'm thankful it's not!), he may not have the best job in the world (he loves what he does, and I can't take that away from him), but you know what I love him and he's still mine.  He treats me good, he loves me, I know he would do anything to make me happy.  Yes we have had our fair share of marriage struggles together, but we have grown so much from them.  Matt is a hardworking guy, who gets shafted a lot.  He loves his family and friends, and would do anything for them.  He is a very talented man, he is so good with his hands it amazes me!  I have to show you his latest project that he got done with just a few weeks ago.  It's beautiful!!! 

This is a tv stand that Matt made for my Mom.  My Mom just had her basement finished on her house not too long ago.  It's got tons of beautiful wood work done in it.  She was going to have someone build her a nice wooden tv stand to match the woodwork, but she didn't because it would have been just that more expensive.  So she had an alright tv stand, but it just wasn't pretty.  Matt really wanted to make her a tv stand and surprise her.  She was surprised alright!!!  The tv stand really goes well with the wood work in her basement.  I'm glad to have such a talented husband!  It would be nice to someday be able to have a little side buisness with his wood working skills.  Someday maybe.  Just out of curiosity how much would you pay for this tv stand?  Let me know what you think.  Thanks! =) 
Oh and i'm sorry the picture quality is not the best.  I hate my camera, I can't ever seem to get it to work the way I want it too.  I guess you just have to do what you got to do and deal with it!

2 comments:

audge8 said...

Wow!! I am so glad that he's okay!! I will keep you guys in my prayers! He did a great job on the TV stand...it is beautiful!!

Sarita said...

Sounds scary! I'm so glad that Matt is okay. Let us know if you need anything. You guys are awesome. Love you!!!