Sunday, November 13, 2011

August 12, 2011 Day 3 Kotter Family Olympics, and 4 wheeling

Day 3 we went to my  Sister's house out in Cedar Fort.  Yes it's in Utah past Sarratoga Springs, and Eagle Mountain.  It's a small town.  Lot's of land perfect for 4 wheeling! My Mom picked up the 4 wheeler.  Kenzie and Maddie wanted to go with her.  Matt had worked the night before, so he was sleeping and would meet up with us later.  I had to run some errands before going to my sister's house.

To start the day out Sarah had flags and bean bags for the kids to decorate with their country for our family Olympics.  She had also made them medals to wear for it.  After the kids played in the swimming pool.  We took turns riding on the 4 wheeler.  Well those that wanted rides did. I went with Sarah.  I get a little nervous when I'm riding on 4 wheelers though.  I had a bad experience back when I was in high school.  My parents, my brothers and I were 4 wheeling.  I was on the 4 wheeler with my older brother Chris.  We were going up a hill, and it was a little too steep and the 4 wheeler started to tip backwards.  It rolled over us.  It was very scary.  Luckily we weren't seriously hurt or killed.  I can't go up any steep hills like that anymore, I would prefer to hike it.  Anxiety just thinking about it.  I gave Kenzie a ride, which she loved and wanted more.  When Matt came he gave Maddie a ride, which she loved as well.

We had a little tournament with the washer game.  What is the washer game?  You have 2 slanted boxes made out of wood.  At the top of the slanted top is a skinny slit, and below that is a circle.  The goal is to get your washer to go in the slit, the hole, or land on top of the box.  The first one to 21 wins.  The slit is 5 points, the hole is 3 points, and landing it on top of the box is 1 point.  I really suck at this game.  I'm very uncoordinated, or maybe just very self conscious.  The top dog was my Bother Chris.  Matt was up there, and I think my Brother in law Justin was too.  My Mom was pretty good as well!

We had lunch, and had cupcakes that Sarah had made and decorated with the Olympics.  Then Sarah set up the obstacle course for the Olympics.  First you started out by doing a ring toss, then you ran and had to crawl through a tunnel.  Then run back and forth through some orange cones, wave a streamer wand 3 times, run and and do a bean bag toss, go on top of a picnic bench, go down the slide on the swing set,  jump rope 3 times, sit down, stand up through 3 small camp chairs, make a basket, fill up a water gun and spray, I think hopscotch was involved, and to finish it all off ride the tricycle to the finish line.  It was a lot of fun, and very tiring.

We were timed and the one with the highest score won.  We did Gold, Silver, and Bronze, with the kids, and the adults.  The winners for the kids were Gabe, Jack, and McKell.  The Adults were Chris, Sarah, and my Mom. Go Kotter's!!!  Then somehow I got involved in a water fight with Kaleb, Jack, and Gabe.  So much fun!  We then had a Hula Hoop contest.  Another thing I totally suck at.  The winner of that was McKell.  She is dang Awesome!  I wish I could Hula like her!  Go Kell!  Then it was time for dinner.  We celebrated Kaleb's birthday. He turned 14.  I can't believe he is 14.  He looks like he is 17.  I love that he wants to hang with me, he is a lot of fun!  Well all of my nieces and nephews are a total blast!

We 4 wheeled till it got to dark.  My Mom had to leave to get them back before we were charged another day.  Matt had to go to work.  We had brought our big tent to camp out in it.  We got it set up, and Chris and Sarah and their kids, and the girls and I slept in it.  In the morning we had waffles which I made.  I'm so glad Sarah asked me to be in charge of making breakfast.  It's my favorite.  Waffles with strawberries and whip cream, and different syrups, it's the best!  Then we had a family photo shoot.  I was so mad, I forgot my makeup.  I feel like less of girl if i'm not wearing it.  I feel totally blah!  The pictures still turned out good though.  It was fun to be with everyone.  I wish Matt and Quinn could have been there for it!

After the photo shoot we decided we were going to go see the horse show in Fairfield which is about 5 min. form Kate and Justin's house.  Kate's family and my Mom who took my girls, Gabe, and Mckell left first.  I went with Chris and Sarah, and Trace.  We weren't too excited to go.  We pulled in, and just as we were going to get out Sarah decides that she doesn't want to go, I instantly say the same thing.  Then Trace says he wanted to see a horse.  So we drove over and when we were going to get out he threw a fit about it.  It was really funny!  I'm so glad we didn't stay.  It was funny because we passed my Mom and the way there.  She said it was pretty lame, and the kids were ready to come back.  We said we would take our chances.  Which obviously didn't last long. LOL  I'm glad we didn't stay.

We hung out for a little bit longer, and then it was time to go home.  Chris and Sarah were going back to New Mexico the next morning.  They needed to get home and packed.  Matt had to work that night, so the girls and I  went to my Mom's to hang out before Chris and Sarah left.  So that is the end of our family reunion staycation.  It was a total blast, and it was nice to just stay in the area, and relax.  Thanks Sarah for doing such a wonderful job planning it all, you are the best!  Next year it's Matt and I's turn to plan the reunion.  What to do? What to do?  Matt jokingly suggested having a Movie Marathon watching the Harry Potter Collection, The Lord of the Rings Collection, and 1 more collection maybe it was Twilight.  LOL  Not going to happen.  Hopefully everything will work out and we can all do and go somewhere fun next year!

Decorating for the Olympics:








Swimming:





Four Wheeling:


The washer game:

The obstacle course:
Sarah going through it with them before it started.


Competing:

 For some reason this is the only 2 pictures that I have from the adult competition. Me and Chris at the finish line.
  

The winners:

 Hanging around:


 The Master Hula Hooper's:

 Family Pictures:


 Thanks for reading!!! =)

0 comments: