I absolutely love Halloween, it's one of my favorite holidays!!! So yea I realize that Halloween has come and gone. I'm a bit late in posting, but better late than never, right? We did some fun things this year, I would have liked to do more, but we weren't able. We had to keep up with family tradition and decorate sugar cookies. It is so fun to decorate with different colors of frosting, (Purple, Orange, and White) M & M's, and the autumn mix of Candy Corn, Indian corn, and pumpkins. This year we added Halloween sprinkles to decorate with. We had a lot of fun decorating, eating, and of course sharing them with our friends.
I made a Dinner in a pumpkin 1 night for dinner. The girls got a kick out of it! I posted about it earlier. It tasted delicious, we snarfed it down. The girls weren't too fond of the leftovers though. Shocker? I think not! Next time I will get a smaller pumpkin. =)
We wanted to be on top of it this year with the girls costumes. Last year we procrastinated; we went the week of Halloween, and there were slim pickings to choose from. We decided it would be best to not procrastinate and go at the beginning of the month. We weren't disappointed! McKenzie wanted to be a Vampire. Madisynn wanted to be Rapunzel. Then she changed her mind after watching Treasure Planet. She wanted to be a pirate captain. So we all went to Walmart to look for costumes. McKenzie found a Vampire Queen costume, and Madisynn found a Pirate Princess of the sea costume. They were itching to wear them all month long. I couldn't let them until it was time for trunk or treat, trick or treating, and school parties. I'm glad I waited because both of there costumes got ripped up pretty quick.
Madisynn's school had their annual Fall Fest. We went as a family to support the school. We ate pizza, hot dogs, chips, and drank soda. The girls went around and played the games, and won prizes. Got balloon animals. They wanted to go outside and do the jump house and slide, but we didn't have time. Plus it was freezing outside. We went and got free Ice cream cones from Arctic Circle which made it all better!
We went to Gardner Village and got our family pictures taken. Matt's business partner took them. He was needing practice. He did a really good job! Thanks Dustin! I love our pictures and will post them soon. I love Gardner Village at Halloween time. They have all of their witches, and pumpkins on display. It's so Festive!
We went to the Cruise the nights car show in Magna. They were doing a Trunk or Treat, as you looked at all of the cool cars. There were a lot of beauties, and Matt was coveting them. We saw a delorean, and they had put a flux capacitor in it. Too funny! The girls had never seen Back to the Future, so they had no idea why we were laughing. We had to educate them, so we borrowed the collection from my Mom. The girls loved it! I think we all love number 3 the best. The girls got plenty of candy, but could have gotten way more if we had shown up a half hr. earlier. Oh well, we had fun!
We went to our wards Trunk or Treat. They had it the Saturday before Halloween. We were supposed to be doing it with 2 other wards. We were kind of disappointed when hardly anyone showed up. One ward opted not to do it, the other decided to do it on Halloween. We had 15 cars or so for the kids to go through. Thanks to those that supported it! The kids went through about 3 times.
The Sunday before Halloween my family had a Halloween get together. We had Clam Chowder, and Taco soup, Salad, Rolls, Salsa and Chips, and Fruit salad, and Pumpkin Pie from Costco topped with Whip Cream. YUMMY! We took pictures of the kids in there Halloween costumes. Carved Pumpkins, Ate candy, and just spent time together. I love family time!
Halloween night I wasn't sure of it we were going to do. My brother Quinn brought up the night before that he was going to be playing video games, and Matt asked if he could come. Matt doesn't get to hang out much, and who better to hang out with than my brother, so I agreed. It was good to see Matt's face light up. He needs that male bonding time! I still wasn't sure of what the girls and I were going to do until my friend Jacoy asked what we were doing. Problem was instantly solved. Her husband had to work, so we decided to take the girls to the other wards trunk or treat and then drive them around to the houses that we knew. They were still able to get that experience of going door to door trick or treating. They had so much fun, and didn't want to quit. They both got pretty much a whole bag full.
Just as some side notes. My girls aren't wearing make up until they are 30. They were gorgeous without it on, but even more gorgeous with it! Just a reminder that they are growing up, and i'm not ready for it.
Next side note- before Jacoy came and picked us up we had some trick or treaters come to our house. I told them to choose 1 candy because I needed candy to hand out at the trunk or treat. Well they were so rude and started to take a handful. I was like just one piece please. I had to tell them several times. I wouldn't be complaining to much about it but it happened 3 different times. And one was a mother. It was so rude and disrespectful. Losing the trust in people I started to just give it to them and not let them choose. Teach your kids how to be polite, is that asking too much? Gee Whiz!
It was such a fun month, and i"m glad we got to spend it as a family! I have pictures posted below. Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
Dinner in a pumpkin. I posted the recipe on a earlier post if you want it:
Carved Pumpkins from family party:
Just our families carved pumpkins:
Maddies' pumpkin:
Kenzie's Pumpkin:
Matt's Pumpkin: His big pumpkin took some bites out of another pumpkin:
My Pumpkin:
All of the pumpkins:
Dress up time:
0 comments:
Post a Comment