Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Computer up and running

The computer is up and running hoorah! I missed you sweet computer!!! Anyways Thankyou to all of you who posted comments on the last blog. I really appreciate all of your well wishes and advice. It's so exciting to be able to decorate a home. I know you can't do everything at once, but I've had several sleepless nights thinking about it. So many improvements that will be our own touch is so exciting and new. The first step to decorating our new home was drapes for the living room since their was no blinds or anything in the window, we decided we would like some privacy! I wanted something classy elegant, pretty. I went with my Mom because this is all so new to me. I've never picked out drapes, and I needed a womans opionion and who better than a Mom! So we went and it took quite awhile to find what I wanted. I had to buy just one Panal, and one sheer panal to see if it would go well with the carpet and the paint. It was a go, and we went and bought the rest of what we needed to make it complete. So here is the finished product.

And here are some random pictures of the living room after we were done.



I think we did a good job! Thanks to my DH for doing most of it! Love you!!! The next step was to get some color in the kitchen. We aren't quite ready to start painting quite yet, so we got some cute curtains to go over the kitchen window. So here it is
I should have taken some pictures of the kitchen, but I wasn't thinking. I'll do it another time. Next decorating project is the family room window. Their isn't any blinds or cover in that window either. I like my privacy people!!! We are trying to save money so I picked out some cheap sheets and my mom is going to hem them and make them so we can hang it up in the widow as curtains. She did it to one of the widows in her place and it looks really nice. Eventually we will get some nice blinds or drapes to cover the window. This is so Exciting!!! Stay tuned =)

2 comments:

Elise said...

Your house is looking good. I can't believe you have gotten so much done in such a little time. You are way more organized than I am.

Shaina said...

curtains are great! They can really make a room.