So today was our first time meeting in our new ward. Wow they really made us feel welcome!!! It felt great to feel like we belonged! I don't want to be negative here, but I just have to rant and get it out of my system.. We didn't feel welcome at all in our ward in Stansbury, well I started to feel welcome about a week before we moved, matt never did. We made the effort to go to ward events, heck I even played Volleyball once a week. I had fun, but I never felt like I had anything in common. I can't believe the night and day differences from our new ward to this last ward. When we moved in the membership clerk and another guy stopped by to see if we needed anymore help. We didn't, but they stayed to chat and introduce themselves and talk about the ward. In the other ward people just drove by without a glance. After Sacrament meeting today people said hello, introduced themselves, helped us to where we needed to be, etc... In the old ward Sacrament meeting was last, we were confused, and fineally the elders quorem president directed us where to go. In this new ward when we made it to class people again were so friendly and lighthearted it was nice. They welcomed us, and you know what I don't remember being welcomed into sunday school in our last ward. Relief society in this new ward, is so little. I like it that way. Again they were so friendly, they actually asked me to tell a little bit about myself. When that happened I wasn't scared to do it. I hate having the spotlight on me, and today I didn't mind. Getting back on track....In the other ward that never happened. We were late because we didn't know Sacrament meeting was last. So after getting our kids where they needed to be we made it to where we needed to be. I get really nervous when meeting new people, but I smiled when I walked in tryed so hard to be positive. After relief society one of the relief society members quickly came to see who I was. It was very quick. It was aweful you guys, I have never felt so unwelcome in my life. In this ward it was excessive niceness and warmness. Matt was so excited as well to feel like he belonged. It was great to feel like I was back in my old home ward growing up, in my home ward when my family moved to south jordan, in the fairfield ward when Matt joined the Air Force. It was nice to be noticed that's all!
On a side note I have to say Thank you to those that were in the Fairfield ward for being our family while we were so far away from ours. I will continue to feel this way, and hold you all so dear in my heart. You were all such great examples!!! Hugs to you all. =)
Now what I know what it feels like to belong again, I'm going to make an even bigger effort to say hi to people, and introduce myself. It felt aweful to feel like we didn't belong, that we were different for what reason I don't know. I don't want anybody to feel like that, so we will need to step it up. Wish us luck, and pray for the spirit to be with us and to guide us.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Good Wards
Posted by
Karen
at
11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I totally know what you mean!! Although we did have some people talk to us here, it was mostly me asking who people were and so on. Glad you like your ward. It makes all the difference.
Glad that you moved into a good ward. It's scary when you have to do that and hope that they will be nice. It seems to go in waves here. I think that we have been here too long, but Heavenly Father has different plans for us and so here we are.
It just shows how important it is to welcome new people in the ward whether you're shy or not. I always have a hard time approaching new people but I try to do it anyway because I feel it is so important.
Post a Comment