Sunday, March 8, 2009

chchchchanges

Lot's of change happening. Some good, some bad. I'm trying to deal. My Grandparents are not doing good at all. It makes me sad. Last week my Grandma Kotter was life flighted to a hospital here in the Salt lake area. She had serious complications from her earlier gall bladder surgery. She was not healing as expected. She had surgery and they determined that the intestine had been nicked during the Gall bladder surgery and extensive infection had resulted and part of her intestine was removed. It's very serious, and she has had a few surgeries over the past week. She has done well through it all from what I have heard. I don't know how long the recovery process is going to be. I'm sure it's going to be quite extensive.

My Grandpa Kotter isn't doing so swell either. When my Mom called and told me about my Grandma, I started to worry about my Grandpa as well. He hurt his back from overdoing it last October. He has been miserable. It's to the point where he can't even take care of himself. He has a hard time walking. I wanted to call him and see how he was doing, but I was scared to. I know that's silly, but you see he is hard of hearing, and he is very hard to understand when he talks. I love my Grandpa, and I really wanted to see how he was. I kept putting it off for a day, and then I talked to my Mom the next day and she says you really should call him. He would really love it. So I prayed for help, and called my Grandpa. It was a really great phone call. It was nice to tell him that I loved him and we were thinking about him and Grandma. My Mom went and saw him yesterday, and she said she couldn't believe how frail he looked. It's so sad. I hate it!
My Mom's parents are also not doing so great either. Grandma and Grandpa Zollinger. My Grandma had another mini stroke last week. I think this makes 2 that they know of. It has worn her out even more, from what my Mom says. My Grandpa is frail, and just not doing well. He is just in constant pain no matter what. He can hardly feed himself. He just doesn't have the strength. My Mom went to visit them too yesterday. They had a good visit.
I plan on going out this week and visiting all 4 of my Grandparents. I don't know how much longer they will be here on this earth. I have so many feelings about that. I want them here, but I don't want them to have suffer anymore. It makes my heart ache so much. I was in tears for most of last week. I just want them to know that I love them, even though It's been hard to get out there way to visit them.
More change....matt's schedule changed and not to something that we like. He is now working Thursday and Friday 10 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and Saturday and Sunday 6 p.m. - 7 a.m. I just want a normal schedule. Is that asking too much? He is starting to look more seriously for another job. Maybe this schedule will be good for a little while so he can get out there more and see what's available. Job hunting sucks, especially these days. Enough said.
Last change that makes me sooooo happy. Look at this:

Spring is coming!!! I have Tulips growing! Yay!!! I came home on Thursday, and glanced at my flower bed and saw something green that wasn't there before. I got out of the car and went to see what it was. I was so happy I yelled to the girls to come and see. They were as pumped as I was about it! I'm looking forward to this change and doing more with our yard this year. Sorry if this post seemed negative, or depressing. I just have lot's of emotions going on about everything. I'm handling it though, so that's good, and that's what matters. I've just got to leave it in the lords hands and ask him to do his will. I love Family....they are Everything!

4 comments:

Ande said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandparents. We are in the same boat with schedule's, Tom wotks every weekend nights. We are lucky when he makes it to church.

Rayna said...

I worry about my losing my grandparents all the time. Family is a huge thing for me too. don't know how to handle life without them!
Hope your week gets better!
Spring always helps!

The Reimers Family said...

It's so hard to watch loved ones suffer like that. All you can do is be there for them and pray. I love when spring pokes its' pretty head above the ground, I'm sure your tulips will be beautiful!

audge8 said...

I am so sorry. It is such a hard time having to watch people we love grow old...Hang in there. Heavenly Father knows us and only gives us as much as HE knows we can handle...I love you :)