Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentines

So yes I'm slow on posting on how valentines day went. Valentines day week was crazy busy! To start it all off we had a primary activity making valentines for the kiddos that don't come to church in our ward. The kids had fun making them, it was a fun activity. We just made the shooting arrow valentines with the pixie sticks, and chocolate heart candy. It was a success too. 2 of the inactive kiddos started coming to church!

Later on in the week I decided that we were going to make sugar cookies. It's one of my favorite things to do if i am in the mood to do it! So here are some pictures of our sugar cookie making process. I was in a joking mood so I decided to rub flour on the girls faces. I didn't do very much, but they thought it was funny so they decided to do it more to themselves. Whatever they were happy and having fun!!!
The sugar cookie making took pretty much the whole week to do. So here is the decorating process:
Matt didn't decorate any he just ate!
The finished product:
Cookies for Matt's coworkers on the grave shift:
Cookies for Grandma Kotter, which she totally got a kick out of! I mean how could you not? Look at all that sugar! I think it's hilarious how kids decorate cookies! LOL:
Cookies for us, and some neighbors, and family:
I love Valentines day! This year Matt and I came to an agreement that we wouldn't spend any money on each other. So with that on Valentines day I awoke to my husband giving me a kiss when he got home from work. He gave me a discover card beanie which he had gotten for free at work, and inside the beanie was a burnt CD of this:
Matt had spent at least a week on lime wire downloading music from the soundtrack. He knows how much I love twilight and this totally came from his heart! He was so excited to give it to me, and I love him for it! I told him that I wanted to give his present to him after dinner, so he could sleep. The girls and I had a great time making valentines to give to their friends in there primary classes, and their cousins as well. I took the girls around and we delivered them to each of the kids. It was so fun to see these kiddos faces light up when they realized what they were getting! By the end of the delivering process we were tuckered out.
Matt woke up not feeling so swell. He had a miserable couple of hrs. in the bathroom. I hate when he feels like that. It makes me sad. He started to feel better later. We didn't do anything that exciting for valentines day with each other, it was just nice to be together. We banned the girls from coming upstairs, and we watched Fred Clause. Very cute show! This is what I made for my hubby:
He was thrilled! I thought it was pretty creative if I do say so myself!!! =)

1 comments:

Ande said...

Do you remember that Rice Crisy commercial about mom slaving away in the kitchen and she throws flower on her face? That is what the girls pics remind me of. Those cookies sure do look yummy!!!!