Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sledding

Last Saturday we went to Evanston to my Brother Chris's house to go sledding. We did this last year and had a total blast. We figured since it was so much fun let's do it again. As the date got closer to go sledding Matt comes up to me and says "Karen do you think they have any snow?" I say " well if there isn't Chris or Sarah would have called to let us know. I'm sure it's all good!" So we left bright and early Saturday morning. As we get closer to Evanston I was thinking boy I hope they have some snow. Their was nothing! So we get to Chris and Sarah's house and see that they have snow in there yard, so it must be OK. We go inside, and start talking and Chris says, we almost called to tell you guys to plan on doing something else because of the slim pickings on snow. Matt and I just laughed! Luckily there was just enough snow to go sledding and have a great time!
This year was so different from last year. Last year was so windy and freezing cold that we only lasted about an hr. Plus there was way more snow to trudge through. This year we ended up taking our coats off because we got too hot. The wind wasn't even blowing. It was so nice! We ended up sledding close to 3 hrs. or so. Also Matt wanted to buy another sled to use. He went to walmart and bought one for $30. You think that is expensive for a sled, and yes it is, but it was worth every penny! Everyone wanted to use this sled. It was easy to steer, and got Lot's of speed! In fact I think I set the record on distance on that baby! Sweet!!! Here are pictures of our sledding day fun:
Kenzie with her 2 cousins Gabe, and McKell:
Kenzie again:
I was so proud of her this year. She really acted like a big girl, and sledded pretty much the whole time. Last year she went down 1 or 2 times, and didn't want anything to do with it after that. I think it helped to start on a smaller hill this time.
Matt's turn, this is the sled he bought:
He had so much fun! I'm surprised that he was so alert seeing as he hadn't even gone to bed. He was up for over 24 hrs!
Me giving Madisynn a push start:

Madisynn just cracks me up! She has no fear. She would lay down on the sled waiting for someone to push her down and just lay there waiting for someone to drag her back up the hill. A picture to prove it:
Then when she had enough sledding she would roll down the hill, or push herself down the hill on her back with her feet. It was hilarious!
Here is madisynn the snow alien climbing up the hill:
Picture of my Mom, Me, and my Sis in law Sarah just hang in out:
Everyone except for Sarah who was taking the picture. Thanks Sarah! :

One of all of the Grand kids except for 2 who happened to be sick, and Grandma:

And lastly Madisynn and Trace being pulled back to the parking lot at the end of the adventurous day:

The good life!!!

It was so much fun! Thanks Chris and Sarah for letting us come crash up your way, and spend the day with you! =)

4 comments:

Kotters said...

So fun! We have a sled like they new one. They are the best!!

Ande said...

Looks like fun. I know my kids would have loved it. But no snow for them this year, unless we get hit when we are home next month. let's hope not.

Holmes Home said...

What a great time! We've still got plenty of snow up here in Alaska and it's snowing today too. Come on up :)

Sarita said...

Hey!!! Love your pictures who took them? Thanks for coming it was so fun, you guys make anything fun. Love ya