Yes I'm posting our St. Paddies day a couple days late. oh well sue me! =) I was planning on getting up early to get things done, but I had a rough nights sleep and didn't get up as early as I wanted too. I finally dragged my butt out of bed at 7:40 or so and went to make Chocolate chip pancakes for the kiddos. I dyed the pancakes green. I wouldn't let the girls in the kitchen to see what I was doing. They were so curious! When it was time to eat the girls were so excited to see green pancakes, and even more excited when I poured milk into their cups and it turned green. I said "those sneaky leprechauns, look at what they did to your milk!!!" Then I said" it's St. Patrick's day today, the day when leprechauns come out, and you wear green, and try to find the leprechauns pots of gold." The girls were in awe! It was hard to get them to eat breakfast because they were so excited. We also bought the girls these St. Paddies day necklaces to wear because they don't have green shirts. We also drew 3 leaf clovers on there cute little cheeks. Here are the necklaces we bought:
They light up too! SWEET!!!!
McKenzie went to school, and I was so excited for her to come home to see if leprechauns came to their classroom. Madisynn was so cute she kept asking where the pot of gold was, and she would use necklace as her flashlight to search for it. Too funny! When Kenzie came home she immediately went to her room to see if leprechauns came and messed up her room. Apparently leprechauns made a huge mess with the toys, and the chairs were on top of the tables. They left coins for all of the kids. How nice! She asked me if leprechauns came while she was gone. Nope I said, but let's keep our eyes open because they might be here again.
For lunch I made Ham and cheese sandwiches. I put green dye in the miracle whip, and spread it on the sandwiches. After I was done, I walked to the table to talk to the girls for a minute and then I turned back around and said oh my goodness look at what those leprechauns did to your food. They ran over and were amazed again. I put green dye in the cups and again and it dyed the water. They saw it come out clear, and then when they looked in their cups it was green. They were so excited again, and because so it was hard to get them to eat the food yet again.
So I had plans to mess up the toy room because kenzie was so set on the leprechauns doing that, so I decided the perfect time would be after I got ready. I let them play outside while I was doing that. When I was done I made sure they were still outside and went down to make a mess. Kenzie caught me... yikes! She scared me! She asked what did the leprechauns do? I was quick and said I was just going to come and get you to come and see what they did to your toy room. Kenzie then says those sneaky leprechauns! I said look closely they left something. She looks and sees the pennies on the floor. I told her to go get madisynn so they could gather them up together. So she did, and they had fun, and then kenzie goes up to her room to see if they came there yet. She was kind of disappointed that they hadn't gone there. I said you have all day, and maybe they just don't want to go in the bedroom.
She also kept saying maybe the leprechauns will mark all the rocks with X's to show where their pots of gold are. We have this book called the night before St. Patrick's day. At the end the kids catch a leprechaun and tell him to tell them where the pot of gold is and to tell the truth. The leprechaun says oh alright. He tells the kids to go in the backyard and it's under the rock with the X. So the kids go outside and see X's on every single rock in the backyard. The leprechaun gets away and says ha ha I tricked you, better luck next year! Happy St. Patrick's day! It's a cute book, and I think it's so cute that kenzie wanted that to happen. I didn't plan for that though so it didn't happen.
For our last hoorah for dinner I made a green jello salad, green mashed potatoes, and green beef stroganoff. When I was done, Matt came in and put the chairs on the table and came back out into the living room. We sat and talked for about 5 minutes, and then said let's eat. We let the girls go in first. It was so funny to see the reactions on their faces when they saw the chairs on the table. Both girls said those sneaky leprechauns! Look at what they did! We laugh, and take the chairs off the table. We got the glasses to fill with water. I quick got the dye when the girls weren't looking, and put it in the glasses. We filled the girls cups first and quick say look the leprechauns did it again! They both ran over to see the water coming out clear and then turning green again. Then I grabbed my cup, and Matt's cup put the dye in and forgot to hide the dye. Kenzie was really quick about it too. She saw it, and I think she thought it was a leprechaun. She asked what it was, and I was quick again and said oh it's a present for us. She didn't ask anymore questions....thank goodness! So Matt filled our cups and says oh my goodness look they did it too our water too! Again we hear those sneaky leprechauns. They keep jumping in our cups and turning our water green. We burst out laughing again!
All through dinner kenzie kept saying she was going to see a leprechaun. Matt finally says leprechauns will only let you see them when they want you too see them. Kenzie was like really??? We also said that it's night time now and the leprechauns are going back home, and that they wouldn't be back till next year. Kenzie asked why. We told her they only come once a year. She was sad, but I brought up the Easter bunny, and that got her mind off the leprechauns. It was a fun St. Patrick's day! The girls keep talking about the leprechauns. This morning at breakfast Madisynn says sneaky leprechauns. It was funny to hear her say it out of the blue. I'm so glad that we were able to pull it off. The girls aren't to the age where they figure things out quick. Kenzie had 2 opportunities to see that it was her parents that were doing everything and not the leprechauns. So we will just keep saying those sneaky leprechauns until they figure it out!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Those sneaky leprechauns!!!
Posted by
Karen
at
11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute! I'm not too big on St. Patty's day. Maybe because I'm not Irish! LOL! I do dress up though!
I think that you day was super cute!
You are such a fun mom, you sure went the extra mile! See you tonight, probably!
That sounds like so much fun! I'll have to try that next year.
Post a Comment