Our month of December was a crazy month as well. I started the month out by going and doing my yearly physical. I kept feeling this nagging to just go and do it. I stopped fighting the feeling because I knew it needed to be done, it had been about 4 years since my last physical. I wanted to know if I was healthy. I went in and all went well. A couple of days went by and then I got a phone call from the Dr. McBride's office saying that she wanted to meet with me to go over my results. I started to get scared. What if it was bad. I had to wait over the weekend. Tuesday wouldn't come fast enough.
I was so scared when I walked into the room. I hate the unknown. I kept thinking what was wrong with me. Then Dr. McBride walked in. She sat down and loaded up the computer. She had all of my results printed out. She said that everything looked great except for a few things. My Vitamin D was a little low. My Magnesium was high. My Billy Reuben count was high. Everything was mumbo jumbo. She went into the Billy Reuben issue. She said it indicates signs with gallbladder or pancreas. At the mention of gallbladder I started to panic. I didn't want to start having issues with my gallbladder, especially since Matt's surgery and recovery didn't go so well. She wanted me to come back in at the end of January to have my blood tested again to see if the Billy Reuben issue was just a fluke thing. She said maybe something didn't agree with you from Thanksgiving.
Dr. McBride said she would prescribe something for me, but I couldn't remember what issue it was for. I went to the pharmacy to see if it was called in yet. it wasn't. My month was so crazy that I would forget to call to see if it was there, or stop in. I finally got it figured out. The prescription was for my Vitamin D. I still need to go pick it up.
I should have called my brother Quinn immediately when getting home. I didn't. I just put it off. He has been doing gallbladder cleanses for the past few months. He has done 8 of them. He would know how to help me. So I just kept going on with my crazy busy month.
Matt and I were in charge of planning our church's ward Christmas party. We had a committee, but it was still stressful. We were asked the week before Thanksgiving to start planning for the party to be on Dec 10. They really should have asked a lot sooner. I'm a stressful person, and need time to get things done. I couldn't say no, I would feel to guilty. I hate that! I'm happy to say that our party went well. People seemed to enjoy everything we had planned. We ended up doing breakfast for dinner. We had French toast, sausage, eggs, little cereal boxes, orange juice, and chocolate milk. When people came we had a reindeer craft for the kids, we decorated sugar cookies. After eating we sang Christmas carols, and then had the Bishop read the candy cane story. Then we passed out candy canes and a copy of the story to everyone. I'm glad that it was successful, and done.
In the midst of appointments, and everyday stuff I had Christmas to get ready for.
We had my side of the family Christmas party on the 17th. My Mom took us all to see the Utah Symphony perform here comes Santa Claus at Abravanel Hall in downtown Salt lake City. They were so good. We had fun, and in my opinion the cheapest seats were the best seats! The girls got to also sit on Santa's lap before the performance began, so that was another thing crossed off on our to do list. After the performance we went to my Mom's and had our feast. We had french dip sandwiches, and veggies, crackers, chips, and dips, jello, pomegranate juice, and egg nogg.
We talked, and played the thimble game with a spray bottle and not a thimble. I liked it better. We had a blast. Then we opened presents, and watched tangled. We celebrated Matt and Justin (brother inlaw) birthdays. We got an oreo ice cream cake from Coldstone. Oh it was super yummy. I love ice cream cakes! During the party I kept meaning to say something to Quinn about the gallbladder cleanse and I didn't. I really should have.
I got a phone call the middle of the week from Brother Jacobson. He is one of the counselors in the Bishopric. He is the one over the primary. He was asking if Matt and I could meet with him Sunday the 18th after church. I said sure, and wasn't too thrilled about getting a calling in the primary again. I have really enjoyed being in the relief society. The callings that I knew were open were scout leader, activity days leader, primary teacher. I don't say no, and all I could do was hope that it wasn't scout leader, the rest I could handle. After church the girls sat on the couch's in the foyer while Brother Jacobson took Matt and I into a classroom where he extended a calling to me to be an assistant activity days leader. Hooray! A calling that was twice a month, where I could still go to relief society, and was not scouts, I was totally stoked! I accepted the calling. It will be fun! I don't need a stressful calling right now. It was nice to have a 7 month stretch calling free!
Matt's birthday was the 19th. I had set up with my Mom to watch the girls so Matt and I could go to dinner and watch a movie. Matt chose to go to eat Chinese. and to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. The food was delicious and for dessert we went to cold stone and shared a mini cup of dark chocolate peppermint and oreo ice cream. The movie was totally awesome! We really enjoyed a night out with each other.
The 20th was Maddie's school sing along for the parents. We wanted to support her, so we went thinking that the kindergarten would be close to the beginning. Boy were we wrong. They were second to last. Totally ridiculous. They were cute, and did a good job though. It would have been nice to have them at the beginning so we could get some Christmas shopping done. We also needed to get neighbor gifts made and delivered. Time was running out to get it done before Christmas.
The night of the 20th was Kenzie's school singing as well. It didn't go so well. Their school is a temporary school, and not very big. It was so crowded. I started to get major anxiety, and claustrophobia. I couldn't wait to get out! The way they had things planned didn't work, so they ended up just having all the kids go into their classrooms and singing. They put it over the PA System so everyone could hear. Kenzie did great! It was nice to get out and get some fresh air and go home.
Wednesday the 21st, was Maddie's last day before Christmas break, I kept her home from school. Matt and I decided to pick Kenzie up from school early and get some errands ran. After picking Kenzie up we went to costco, and then to deliver some friend gifts that lived in the area. This is when I noticed that I didn't feel the greatest. We kept on doing our errands, and then I told Matt how I was feeling in the checkout lane at Target. He told me your having gallbladder problems. I was like shut up no i'm not! I didn't have time for this. So not convenient. We got home and delivered the rest of our neighbor friend gifts, and ate a late dinner before matt had to go to work.
Kenzie still had 1 more day of school. I would have kept her home, but I was helping with her class Christmas Polar express party. When I woke up I felt better, but as the day went on I started to feel crappy again. I still felt like I had so much to do. My sister wanted me to meet her to bring my mom's sewing machine to her because hers broke, and she needed to get some sewing done for Christmas. I wanted to help so after kenie's party I went and got my mom her final Christmas present, went to her house picked up the sewing machine, while my mom was at work, then took Kenzie home. Ate something, and then went to meet Kate at Hobby Lobby. I still needed to get 1 more Christmas present for Maddie. I had to do it because it was the only gift she asked Santa for. I could get it at Hobby Lobby.
I got everything done for Kate and headed back to my Mom's house to clean it. She pays me every month to deep clean it, and it had been awhile since it was done.I wanted her to have a clean house for Christmas. When I got to her house she was there. I went in and talked to her for a little while. She told me not to worry about cleaning her house until after Christmas. She knew I stressed. I felt awful though. I wanted to get it all done! I guess it's the OCD in me.
I was feeling even more crappy by the time I got home. I think I got presents wrapped that night. I felt better the next morning, but again as the day went on I felt crappy again. I decided to take a pregnancy test to see if maybe that was the cause of all the nausea. I was way late as well. It couldn't hurt to see. It was negative. My sister in law Tally called and I spent a few hrs. talking to her on the phone. It was nice to talk. I took a little nap too. Matt had to work at 8 that night. I watched a Christmas movie with the girls the girls on Netflix on our laptap. They slept out in the living room. I had to get Maddie's gift made. She asked Santa for a Magic wand that had jewels on it and in it, and that had real magic come out. I bought some pretty ribbon and jewels at Hobby Lobby. I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning making her wands. It was so nice to have them done. Then I got the presents all organized so they would be ready to put under the tree. I went to bed utterly exhausted, and feeling very crappy.
When I woke up the next morning on Christmas Eve I didn't feel great at all. I needed to get our Christmas eve dinner in the crock pot. I needed to double the recipe, so I went to my Mom's to borrow hers. I got into the car, and it wouldn't start. We already had to jump start the car earlier in the month, and we were hoping it was just the battery and not the alternator because we didn't want to take the car to be worked on. We had already had the brakes replaced this month. No more! So I went to my Mom's house. When I got there we talked for a little bit, and then I broke down in tears because I was scared with how my body was feeling. I told her everything, and how I was also worried that if it wasn't my gallbladder that it could be my pancreas. She just hugged me, and wiped my tears, and told me not to jump to conclusions, and stress and worry myself about it. She said to call Quinn and ask him for his help with what to do for a gallbladder cleanse. It was great to just let all of my feelings out and cry to my Mom, it made me feel a little bit better.
When I got home I called Quinn and told him what was going on. He said that he would bring the stuff that I needed for the cleanse. What a sweetheart he is, it was nice to know that I had some help with this. I got dinner going in the crock pots, and went and got ready. Then got back into my Jammies. We lounged around the rest of the day until the evening when Quinn and my Mom came. We got all of the munchies and stuff for dinner out. We had Creamy Chicken, Black Bean, and Corn Chowder, veggies, chips, and crackers, pomegranate juice, and eggnog for dinner. The soup was delicious, everyone seemed to enjoy it! I was only able to eat a little bit. I chose not to eat any goodies that night because I didn't want to make things worse. I sampled a little bit of Peanut butter fudge, and half of a cookie.
After dinner we watched some office while the girls were downstairs watching a movie of their own. Then Quinn had my Mom open a gift. He had a series of gifts that let up to her getting a kindle from him. She was totally stoked, and surprised. We read the Christmas story to the girls, and they they opened up a present which was their pajamas. They loved them! We watched A Christmas Story. Matt had to leave for work half way through the movie. We paused the movie and had prayers, and then I asked Matt and Quinn if they would give me a blessing. It helped to know that I had help from up above from my Father in Heaven. It was a good blessing and gave me hope. Matt went to work and we finished the movie.
Then the girls got ready for bed. We got the cookies and eggnog out for Santa, we also hung the magic key for him to be able to get into our house, since we don't have a chimney. The girls were so excited, and went right to bed. Then Quinn, my Mom, and I watched some more office. My Mom didn't last too much longer and left close to midnight. Quinn and I stayed up watching office. I was able to get the gifts under the tree, and stocking ready. It was nice not to have to wrap anything. I was so nauseous the whole night. Quinn stayed until 2:30 or 3:00 I can't remember. I needed to go to bed.
Christmas morning Matt got home at 5:30 a.m. The girls woke up about 8:30. I asked them if Santa came from my bed. They ran out to the living room to see, and came running back to my side of the bed to tell me yes he did. I then explained to them that we were going to go to church at 10, and that it would last 45 min. and then we would open presents when we got home. I told them to go downstairs and play while I got ready. They happily did so. I have really good kids! So I got out of bed feeling okay, but not great, and got ready. I decided to start my gallbladder cleanse that morning. I will write another post on the gallbladder cleanse. it's very detailed. After I got ready, I got the girls ready, and Matt woke up to go church. My Mom met us at our ward building. Church was good, but I wish that it would have been a sing a long like they have done in past years. Our ward isn't big enough to have a ward choir. I was really looking forward to singing Christmas songs from the hymn book.
I'm glad that church was only 45 min. We got home and everyone changed out of their church clothes except for the girls, they wanted to stay in theirs. Then we got down to business and opened presents. My Mom stayed to see what the girls got. The girls got a wii for Christmas. One of Matt's Co workers was selling his 6 month old wii, wii fit balance board, 8 games, 2 controllers, 2 numb chucks, a Nintendo DS with a bunch of games loaded onto it, and a couple of games that came with it as well. all of this for $280. I thought it was a killer deal, too good to pass up. I'm glad we did it! All of that would have cost close to $800 or so. The girls both got what they asked for from Santa. Kenzie a barbie, and Maddie magic wands. They were both so excited to open what they had asked for! They loved everything they got from Santa, Mom, and Dad, and Grandparents. It was a really good Christmas.
I have to add that an anonymous somebody gave us $200 to make sure our kids would have a good Christmas. I have never had this happen before, and i'm so so so very grateful for the sweet charitable kindness they have bestowed upon our family. It made me cry. With the money we decided to redo the girls bedroom. They have been sleeping in an orange room for 3 and a half years. So when we were running around doing our errands we found the girls a very cute bed set. We bought the paint a few days ago, so we are set to start! The girls are so excited and so are we! I hope it turns out cute.
We lounged around the rest of Christmas day. I made Christmas breakfast for dinner. I was sad I couldn't eat it because of the cleanse. The rest of the family enjoyed it, while I ate my salad. I'm glad they enjoyed themselves! It was nice to have Matt home for Christmas day. We sent the girls to bed and we watched bones on netflix on TV for the first time. I'm so glad we have the Wii! I love netflix!
The day after Christmas was my Dad's side of the family the Kotter Christmas party. It was at my Uncle and Aunts house Rich and Ronda in Spanish fork. I woke up feeling alright, continued with my cleanse, exercised, got ready, and then we went to walmart to get some white elephant gifts, and some stuff for a green salad to take for our potluck item. We got the gifts wrapped, the salad made and we headed to Spanish Fork. I made another little salad for myself which I ate on the way. By the time we got their I was feeling nauseous again. I avoided the kitchen for the night. It was nice to catch up with my cousins, and aunts and uncles. We had a number gift exchange for the kids instead of white elephant. Next year we should do it a little differently. The kids were allowed to trade if they wanted too. Madisynn was not happy with what she got. She wanted the present we had them bring. I told her that she could have whatever it was she ended up with or nothing. She chose nothing. Kenzie got a cute flower clip, lip gloss, and bath scents.
Then the adults played white elephant. It was crazy fun! The 2 hot items going around were a walking cane with a candy bar attatched, so it was called a candy cane...very cute and creative! The other hot item was a box of thin mints with a $5 bill attatched. Matt wanted the thin mints, and i went for a nice grooming kit, rub-ix cube, and a package of nestle bells. I wasn't very good with the rolling, and Matt was. He got me what I wanted, and he almost got what he wanted, but ended up with a trifle bowl which is now our candy bowl since we already have one. It was a good night!
Tuesday the 27th we did nothing. I continued with my cleanse. Wednesday the 28th we had a play date with my friend old crossing partner and her daughter. We hadn't seen each other for a couple of months. It was so good to talk to Allison. Talking to her made me realize how much I really missed her. I love talking to her. She is a good listener, and gives great advice. She is an amazing person. I'm so glad I know her! After our play date I went to my first activity days activities. We made family home evening books. It was good to talk to the girls and start to get to know them better.
Thursday the 29th we stayed home, and was the actual cleanse day for me. It wasn't a good day. The cleanse is not fun. Friday the 30th when i was feeling better the girls and I went to hang out with my sister Kate at her house. We played games, talked, and watched a movie. During the movie Kate left to go on a date with her hubby Justin. she really needed it, i'm glad they were able to go. Their kids begged me to stay, and so did my girls. I gave in. Kate's kids made pancakes and juiced veggies and fruits for dinner. I still couldn't eat anything like pancakes, so I just had the juice. After dinner we put a movie on for the little kids, and Kaleb, Dalice, and I went upstairs to watch another movie. It ended up being Nomio and Juliet. It was a fun night. Wish that Matt didn't have to work that night so he could have hung out with us.
New Years Eve we didn't go anywhere. In fact the girls didn't get out of their PJ's until 6 p.m. when I had them shower. I had to get ready, but that didn't happen until 3 p.m. or so. I had to run to the store to pick up some food, and prescriptions that were finally called in for me. It was so nice to be able to eat again today. I'm still taking it easy until Monday though. Allison muscle tested for me a list of foods that I wanted to eat, and everything came back with the ok except for dairy products until Monday. I trust her, so I won't have dairy until Monday.
We finished up a poster board assignment for Kenzie. It was a poster board all about her. Then we had dinner which was Bar-B-Q- Chicken sandwiches, salad, and fruit. Then Matt and Kenzie played the wii, Maddie played the DS, and I was organizing stuff. We sure know how to party around here! LOL. That's what I told Matt. He said that I should have come out and played. I said I was really having fun organizing. He just laughed. I wish that he didn't have to work that night. It would have been nice to have him home to give him a big kiss and hug! At least I was able to do it over the phone. The girls and I watched movies on netflix well they did while I blogged. Kenzie thought it was pretty cool to be awake so late. Maddie pooped out around 11:30. Kenzie is actually still awake right now and it's 12:30. She is going to be so tired tomorrow. It's a good thing we have 1:00 church.
So that ends our month of December. I'm sorry it was such a long post, but I wasn't in the mood to post here and there throughout the month. I was too tired, and too stressed. Thanks for reading! I will post pictures from Christmas, and i will post the Gallbladder Cleanse too.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
December 2011
Posted by
Karen
at
12:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Definitely a long month filled with stress, but filled with good family times too. I hope your medical issues are resolved soon. I wouldn't like the stress of not knowing either.
Much love.
Sounds like a busy month. I am glad that you had a great Christmas in spite of everything. Love you!
Post a Comment