Friday, January 13, 2012

I Love Technology





In the words of Kip Dynamite:


Why do you love me 
Why do you need me 
Always and forever 

We met in a chat room 
Now our love can fully bloom 
Sure, the World Wide Web is great 
But you, you make me 'salvivate' 

Yes, I love technology 
But not as much as you, you see 
But I still love technology 
Always and forever 



Our love is like a flock of doves
Flying up to heaven above 
Always and forever
Always and forever

Yes, our love is truly great
Always and forever

Why do you need me
Why do you love me...

Sorry I'm late. I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys.
Hey Deb, can you take a photo of me on the horse real quick'
Sure.
Thanks.
I hope you guys's experiences are unforgettable.
Lookee lookee, a little keepsake for you guys.
Lucky
HeeHee I couldn't resist posting.  I love Napoleon Dynamite,it totally cracks me up, and just really makes me happy when I watch it!  Technology and I have a love hate relationship.  I love it, and treat it right, but it hates me and stops working.  I get scared to do more on the computer in fear that I might break it.  I swear I'm always bugging Matt when a message pops up.  I don't ever know if I should click yes or no.  I'm pathetic I know!  Anyways A couple of Christmas's ago I decided to get Matt an MP3 player.  I thought I was getting a really good deal on a Black Friday deal, turns out not so much.,  I got a piece of crap!  It didn't even last a year, and we had to replace it once 3 weeks after getting it..  Stupid me I threw the receipt away!  We were lucky that they let us replace it with the same product without it.  , 
This past Christmas we decided it was time to get with the times and get some kind of I pod. We decided to spend more and get a better product.  We found an apple 8 GB Touch I-Pod.  It was a black Friday deal at Target.  It also came with a $40 gift card, which helped us with Christmas.  It was fun to go as a family and get it.  I had high hopes that this one would work well.  We waited until Christmas to use it, and find out.  
Also getting with the times again.  I haven't had my own cell phone for a couple of years.  I have really missed having my own.  Yes Matt works graves, so I could have it during the day, but I would always forget to grab it.  I hate being on the road without one.  It makes me feel safer when I have it.  Just knowing I can call someone instantly if I have some kind of problem.  I decided it was time to add a line and get me a phone that could text.  We didn't text with our other phone.  It really didn't have texting capabilities, and we blocked the option to have it.  So in getting with the times, we got me a nice slider phone with a keyboard for an awesome deal.  
Matt has been eligible for an upgrade for a long long long time.  We just have never gone in and done it.  I really wanted him to get a phone like mine.  Just simple, but if we were to do it we would be paying out the rear for it.  Matt was eligible for a touch I-Phone for  99 cents.  We couldn't turn it down!  Since he got an I-phone the I-Pod was now mine.
I have had a blast texting, and just having my own phone again.  It's nice to feel included in the loop of my friends who do text. I feel safe and secure!  I'm still working on getting numbers entered into it, so I can text more family and friends.  I love the Touch I-Pod.  Love being able to check my email on it, listen to good music, check my calendar/to do lists, having all of the church literature on it, and being able to take pictures.  We have had 1 hangup so far  with the I-pod.  The camera got stuck and wouldn't open.  Luckily I saved the receipt this time, and they let us exchange it for a new one.  So far it has worked great!  I hope it was just a fluke thing.  The camera on it is so much better than our other one.  It has to last!  Everything else works nicely and has since we opened it.
Technology is pretty amazing!  There are so many different kinds of things out there.  I would love to get my hands on a Kindle.  It's amazing at how much Technology has evolved.  You buy something, and the next week it's outdated.  So crazy!  I hope my relationship with Technology will blossom and it will love me like I love it! LOL

2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I agree I love my I touch it has amazing work out and running apps. I also love my Droid phone it also has great apps and gps enjoy and have fun!

Ps. I some times use my itouch to watch netfix while checking face book on my phone while I am laying in bed.

McCall said...

Hey if you really want one of our little books e-mail me will ya. I'm just waiting for another set of prints. It'll be a little bit before I get my hands on them. mccall_park@hotmail.com