Today Jan 31st was the year mark for my dad's death. In the previous post I was going to Mention it, but I wanted to have a special post to my Dad. I woke up this morning and was very close to tears, then I thought to myself. You know what Dad wouldn't want you to be sad, he wants you to be happy. I knew he was happy where he was, I know he is waiting for us to return to him. I know that he is sad that he left us, but everything will be alright. I wasn't going to celebrate his death, I was going to celebrate his life. I love my Dad with all my heart, and I miss him so dang much it hurts. I was happy for the rest of the day, and I did a killer workout dedicated to my dad because he loved to exercise. It kicked my butt, but I felt so good and accomplished after I did it. I know that's how he would have felt after a workout. My Dad was a great example and he still is. He was good to me, and he was especially good to our kids. He loved and treasured them. It was so fun to watch him with McKenzie, she absolutely adored and loved him. Oh it makes me cry. He didn't get the opportunity to get to know Madisynn to well, but at least I have a picture of him holding her.

I know it gets better and easier as time goes, and I also know that we will still continue to have times where we break down and cry because we miss him so much. We are strong, and we can do this. Heavenly Father doesn't give you more than you can handle, so obviously we can handle it. I love you Dad, and I'll see you soon..... =)
4 comments:
{{{{{Karen}}}}} My heart and love is with you right now.
As for my experience the 2nd year is easier now that all the first are over. Don't get me wrong there will still be times that you miss him so much that it will take you breath away.
Just continue to remember that you are his eternal child and that one amazing day you will have his loving arms to hold you once more.
I love you Karen.
Sweet memories, Karen. Thanks for sharing it. Stay strong! You can do this.
What beautiful pictures you have with your dad and with your dad and Madisynn. Karen you have a beautiful family and I know your dad has to be so proud! Love yah Ash
Thanks you guys for your concern. I love you all!!!
Post a Comment