Thursday, August 7, 2008

Swimming fun, Broken dishes, & Door to Door Salesman

Today my friend Jacoy invited us to go swimming with them at the west valley outdoor pool. I'm so glad we went! We had a blast!!! I wasn't sure how the girls were going to handle so much water, but they did well. McKenzie did better than Madisynn though. =) I wish I had brought my camera, there were so many cute pictures I could have gotten of the 2 of them!!! Oh well next time for sure! McKenzie had a little incident though that scared me to death. I lost sight of McKenzie, I know I had just seen her a second ago, and then I saw her she was struggling in the water. She crossed the rope into deeper water, luckily she was by the wall and the stairs. She was trying to pull herself out of the water. Poor thing was crying when I got to her. She had choked on some of the water. It scared her, but she still wanted to swim, and she stayed inside the water playing for the rest of the time we were there. She started to cry when I told her we were leaving. You know they have had fun if they cry when you leave. I'm thankful because now I know that she is ready for swimming lessons. She says that she can't go into the deep water or go down the big water slide until she is really big. This is true, but she needs to know how to swim as well. That's what I told her, and she said that she wanted to learn how to swim. That made my day! I know she is going to be begging me to go to the big pool every day. Madisynn had a fun time, but she just got cold. I was happy to see her interacting with Jacoy's little girl who is the same age. They got along really well. I hope the next time we go it won't be windy. It was perfect besides the wind, just a little overcast is great!
Tonight I decided I was going to broil some hamburgers for dinner. So I got it going, I was flipping the hamburgers and all of the sudden they Pyrex glass dish shatters as I was turning one. Glass flew everywhere. It scared me to death! I'm so glad that there wasn't any grease yet, or else we would have been in big trouble. So it took me awhile to get the mess cleaned up and start again. I got another Pyrex cake pan and put the hamburger patties in it and carefully put it into the oven. I was so paranoid that it was going to happen again. It didn't though! It's times like this that I wish I had a broiling pan, then I wouldn't have that problem.
Oh yeah also while I'm making dinner we get a knock on our door. We don't get a lot of people knocking on our door, so it took me by surprise as well! So I go down to answer it, and it's a guy that works for Kirby vacuums or something like that. Well he was really nice and upbeat but pushy. It turns out that today they were doing free steam cleaning services. They just wanted their product to be known and be out there if you know what I mean. I told him no, I didn't want it done because I had actually steam cleaned my whole entire house last weekend. He's like well we could put a scotch guard on it. I kept telling him no, but he was begging to do something. I finally caved and said you can do my stairs, and how long will it take. He said a half hr. He said he would be back in a little bit. I really didn't want to do it, so we hurried and ate dinner. We left to go to my Mom's house to help her set up her computer, and do some other things for her as well. The whole time we were eating, Matt kept staring at the front door. He's like I just know he's going to show up when we least expect him too. I was like quit looking at the door, because you are going to jinx it, and he will come when we are ready to go. He didn't show up though when we left. We left pretty quick, with a sigh as well! I hate those kinds of things. I told my Mom about it, and she said that my sister Kate got sucked into it as well. They came and cleaned her carpets, but they were doing a demonstration while they were doing it. They want to sell there product. I'm glad I didn't have to endure it! Next time I won't let them push me until I say yes. I hate when people won't take no for an answer. They have a lot of nerve. I know the guy was trying to make some money, but I'm sorry I didn't want to do it, and that's that. So what kind of experiences have you had with door to door salesmen?

6 comments:

Crystal said...

The Kirby people here are so pushy, one time I was about to cal the cops. I was talking to them i was inside, them out side, i kept saying no, finally i went to shut the door on them and they stuck there bucket thing in the door jam and PUSHED there way in to the front room, i was so mad, i was yelling up the stairs for dustun to call the cops (he was not even home!) finally they left. I never answer the door for anyone i dont know. grr

Crystal said...

oh that sucks about your dish, why do you think it did that? and hamburgers so very good, maybe i'll try making some today

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am glad you had fun at the pool.

Ande said...

That's one nice thing here on base, we don't have to worry about the door to door salesman. They are really pushy, our schwann man is enough. Pool sounds fun, we need to go again to the one here, the weather hasn't been that great lately.

E-ca said...

luckily I haven't had to deal with door to door sales men much... because some of them scare me to be honest- they can be so demanding and pushy... worse than car sales men (whom I also dislike!) when I bought my car I told one guy that I was just looking and trying to decide what I wanted- every 10 seconds... "what do we need to do to get you in that car today?" my reply- "give it to me for $10 and it's a deal" then told him that I would never buy from a pushy car sales man and left... I don't think he was too happy with me... but it's the truth!

Crystal said...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4107470

see that's why we should never open our door to any one.