Last Tuesday was McKenzie's first day of Preschool. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I wanted her to do well and like it, and have Lot's of fun! For the first day McKenzie's teacher Mrs. Rollins wanted all of the parents there for the first half hr, to go over the rules, answer any questions that we might have. So we went all of us, well all except for Matt who was sleeping. I hoped Madisynn would behave and not throw any fits. Madisynn did really well listening to me, her only problem was that she wanted to go explore the downstairs. I didn't want to fight her and Mrs. Rollins didn't mind at all. Well McKenzie wanted to go with Madisynn and I kept telling her no. Little stinker was pushing my buttons, she knew better, but still she tried. I didn't give in, and I told her to do what the teacher had told them to do, which was play with the play doe while she talked to the parents. By the time Mrs. Rollins was done talking, I was ready to go, and I had no worries for McKenzie. Is that awful???? I mean I missed her, but I was ready for her to go and learn and Learn from someone else besides me and Matt.
If you haven't read the kissing hand to your kids, you really should! It's a really cute book! McKenzie said the things they learned were some new songs that she couldn't quite remember, painting the heart on the kissing hand, reading the book the kissing hand, and they started learning how to cut along a line. She needs major help with that! She just likes to mangle the paper! I should go and buy some little scissors for her so she can practice more. After all of the learning they got to go outside and play. They loved it. When we came to see Mrs. Rollins preschool a few months ago, McKenzie got to play in the backyard. They have the cutest little playhouse for the kids. The kids love it and don't want to ever come out of it! So that's basically what McKenzie did when they went outside. So She survived her first day of school, and so did I! Yea!!! Also the teacher said she did really well, and she didn't act or talk like a baby. Thank goodness. I hope this school will kick that in the butt, I'm tired of the baby talk, and acting like a baby.
I love her outfit, and that was her favorite out of all of the clothes I bought for her. Too cute! We are carpooling with someone else in our ward. Thursday are my day to drive, so I picked up McKenzie's little friend Makayla. Here they are together, McKenzie and Makayla:
Madisynn wanted to be in a picture too, so I had to get one with all of the girls:McKenzie, Makayla, and Madisynn
So we all handled Thursday well! Me and Madisynn went grocery shopping, and had fun together. She was a big helper. When I went to go pick up the girls I wasn't as early as the last time. I was a few minutes early, and had to go in the backyard to get the girls. When I was going to get them McKenzie came running around the corner and she was wearing this humongous orange t-shirt that said think big preschool. Mrs. Rollins said that this was the last year that she was doing preschool (bummer) and so she didn't bother ordering any smaller sizes. The kids were excited, and McKenzie told her that the shirt was like her Jammie's....Lol! Mrs. Rollins again said McKenzie did really well, except for one time she acted like a baby and talked like a baby. Mrs. Rollins handled it well, and told McKenzie that she couldn't understand her when she acted and talked like a baby. Kenzie shaped right up and acted like a big girl the rest of the time. Yea! So we officially made it through the first week. I hope tomorrow will go just as well. So here is a picture of McKenzie in her Think big preschool t-shirt:
I was able to go on a girls night out on Thursday night as well with a few friends from the ward. We went and saw Mama Mia. I have to say I absolutely loved it! I couldn't get enough of the music, and it also brought back great memories from growing up. I grew up listening to Abba. We would clean house to the blaring music and have a blast! I loved the movie so much I had to tell a couple of my friends that I'm going to be hanging out with this weekend for a girls night out that we had to watch it. They were all for it, so yea, I'm so excited!!! I'm going to have to buy the soundtrack to go along with my Abba gold CD as well. If you haven't seen this movie yet, go and see it NOW! =)
5 comments:
I loved Mama Mia, I have to buy it. I freakin loved it.
I love preschool it is like the best thing ever and is so good for them. Poor Anika did not get to go. And Mama Mia is the best. I made poor Josh go with me. But I think he survived.
We listen to it all the time! Loved the movie even more the second time.
cutie little preschooler!!
Oh she looks so adorable! I love the Barbie Back apck too! Way to go mom! I havent seen mama mia yet but Ive heard some of the soundtrack and it is great!I got to go see the movie!
I am so glad she likes PreK somuch..You are such a good momma..
Post a Comment