Did you know that rocks can have babies? Well they can. I'll start at the beginning. We have been wanting to plant trees in our backyard for awhile now. We figured since it's fall now, we can go ahead. We want to plant quakes in our backyard. The trouble with quakes is that their roots grow up out of the ground and into your lawn and make a mess everywhere. I love quakes and really wanted them. My Dad and Mom found a way to block the roots from growing into the grass. You have to dig about a foot and half down into the ground then get something that is stiff that won't dissolve, or rust. My Dad used a roll of roof flashing, we used the same. Well we started to dig 2 weeks ago. I thought it would be no problem at all. I was way wrong. It was hard hard work. Their were so many little rocks and boulders in the ground. That's why I say rocks can have babies. They were never ending, and a huge pain in the butt! I'm so glad and happy to say that I finished digging the trench yesterday afternoon. I felt like I was 99 years old, decrepit, hurting, and exhausted. I dread our next project which involves Lot's of digging, and I'm sure their are going to be plenty of rock's with babies. I swear if I had to dig today I was going to puke! I know it will be well worth the hard work though when the roots don't come up in our grass and make a huge mess everywhere. Also it will give so much more privacy, and look so pretty, and give shade... I love trees! =)

Rock pile #2:
Rock pile #3:
Rock pile #4:
Rock pile #5:
The pictures really don't do it justice. Crazy though! It's crazy how different soil can be. Rocky, clay, sand, etc. etc. etc.....
5 comments:
Zac would love your rock piles!
Wow...that is a lot of rocks! I am not looking forward to sorting out are rock garden as well! lol yikes!
That is a crazy amount of rocks! And to think I have been complaining about just pulling the weeds under the deck.
I did not know rocks could have babies. LOL
I am so sorry it is taking you so long. On a positive note. You wont need to work out on the days you dig. LOL
How could so many rocks be in a foot and a half deep hole? I don't understand, but may rocks really do have babies. I'm glad you're not going to puke today:)
Post a Comment