Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cheer Camp, & a Funeral

I was really looking forward to this week, because I had something for my girls to do. Well to go back to the beginning. Father's day Sunday one of the girls in our ward comes up to me and asks if I would be interested in signing my girls up for cheer camp. So I didn't tell her yes right away because I had to go home and check the calender to make sure we weren't doing something else already. Well we were free, so I called her back and said sure I'll sign my girls up. It's a 3 day thing. Two of the days they they practice from 10-11, and the 3rd day they practice from 10-10:30 and then they perform from 10:30-11. $15 a piece and they get a shirt.
So Yesterday I woke up really excited, got the girls up and tried to get them excited about it as well. So we rushed out the door, and got to the high school right on time. Went and found the group they were supposed to be in. First off their were only about 6 cheerleaders in charge of our group of about 20. Kind of hard to teach that many 3-5 yr olds. So McKenzie just stood there twirling her pigtails, and playing with her tongue. I was so frustrated!!! Madisynn was doing more than she was. This was the first 10 min. Then Madisynn decided she didn't want anything more to do with it. So I went back down to the people in charge and got my money back for her. Come to find out the kids were supposed to be at least 3 to do this. The girl in my ward said oh any age can do this. Madisynn did pretty good for her age and attention span.
We then go back up to where McKenzie is, I give madisynn some pretzels, and try to cheer McKenzie on. McKenzie still wouldn't do anything. I told her to come to me and I asked her if she wanted to do this. She says yes, so I told her to get back over there and watch the cheerleaders and do what they do. Well we went through this process about 3 times, and then she starts to cry. I ask her why she is crying? She didn't answer so I said are you scared? She shook her head yes, and I said oh you don't need to worry because I'm right here, I won't leave. She wouldn't stop crying, so I asked her again do you want to do this? She said no. I said OK let's go. So I went and got a refund for McKenzie too. I didn't want to make my kids do something that they didn't want to do. I don't want to turn into one of those obsessive parents, and make my kids miserable. I really don't want my girls to be cheerleaders, but if they end up doing that fine. I do want them to be involved in something.
The part that makes me the maddest is that she was acting like a baby the whole time she was there. I'm not mad that she started crying. It's the standing there and not trying, and twirling her hair and doing things that a little baby would do. She has been doing this a lot, and it really concerns me. Baby talk, it drives me nuts when they are as old as they are. I don't know how to get her to stop. I've tried telling her I can't understand you when you talk like a baby. It works, but I just hate to sit there and say it all day long. She is a very smart bright girl, and I don't want her to be a baby. She is far from it. I want her to act her age. The other thing that made me mad too, was the second we got back into the car she asks if she can watch a movie. That really worries me that she doesn't want to try something new, and would rather watch a movie instead. I told her no, we're going to go home and play, read books, and do preschool. I don't want my kids to turn into couch potatoes, they need to be active, get the energy out so they sleep well. I let them watch 1 movie a day, and that's it. They get to watch some t.v. while I do their hair as well, so it's not like they're going without.
So I remembered the park and the free lunch and we went and did that instead of going home. We stayed there for almost 2 hrs. and then we left. The girls didn't want to leave, but I remembered I needed to go to walmart to buy Matt's cousin a bridal shower gift. I missed her shower this past weekend. So when we got into the car we guzzled a bunch of water, and left. Thank goodness walmart was only 5 min. away from where we were. So then we pull into the walmart parking lot, and McKenzie says Momma I think I'm going to puke. I was like please noooooo. So I hurried and parked and went to get McKenzie out of her car seat. I barely got her out, and she dry heaved and then puked all over the parking lot. Poor thing she puked so much! It was so sad. I think that the heat got to her, and that she guzzled to much water, and also the motion. She instantly felt better afterwards, and was fine the rest of the day. I'm so glad she didn't puke in the car or inside the store!!! I just feel bad people would have to see the puke in the parking lot, not much I could do about it though. Sorry people!!!
Matt's cousin Stephanie died this last Saturday. She just didn't wake up. I have no idea what happened. She was only 18 yrs. old. So sad, she had her whole life ahead of her. I have only met her twice, and the last time I went she still looked like a little girl. When we got to the viewing and walked through the door, the spirit was so strong. It was very hard to go in and look at her. She didn't look like herself, she looked like a young woman. I don't do well with funerals. I hate to see people so sad, and crying. It just brakes me heart every time. I especially don't really handle them well after going through it with my Dads funeral. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.
Moving along....Stephanie's parent's got a divorce, so she has her Mom (Matt's Aunt) her Dad and step mom. I think a lot of Stephanie's step Mom's side of the family are inactive and don't really have an understanding of the plan of salvation. It's very sad, if you don't have an understanding of that. I couldn't imagine not being able to see my Dad again, or any other part of my family that has passed on. How agonizing would that be??? It's just sad that they are no longer here in the physical sense. Stephanie is in a better place now, she won't have to be tried, or hurt, or go through awful things ever again. How lucky is she?! Stephanie seemed like an amazing girl from what people said about her. I wish that I could have known her better. I will get to know her someday, I can't wait for the day I get to see my loved ones again!

2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I think you did the right thing not forcing your girls to do something they don't want to do.

It is hard being left here while our loved ones are gone. I too cant wait until the day I get to be with my loved ones again.

Ande said...

Sorry to hear about Matt's cousin. I don't like funerals either. The worst was when I was 17 and went to my 7 year old cousins funeral. That was awful.

Too bad about the cheer camp, maybe next time. Xanen did the same thing with ta quan do. I have no idea if I spelt that right. :)