Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Work, School, Car repairs, Cleaning, & Moving.... My favorite things.

I'm totally exhausted!!! It has been such a long day today, I'm glad it's time for me to go to bed. Yeah so Matt's graveyard shift is killing me. I hate having to keep the kids quiet all the time so he can sleep. I feel bad when he wakes up dead tired, because he hasn't slept very well because I was yelling at the girls, or they were being noisy, etc, etc, etc,.... Anyways some good news: They moved Matt to the west valley branch to work, which means that it is only 10 min. away from us! Before he was driving about a half hr. or so to the Sandy branch. So yes he is closer, but he is still on graves. nuts =( We were really hoping to have him on days. Maybe it's for the best though. It will give me the chance to have our car during the day, so I can do things. I don't want to lose my sanity again, because I wasn't able to leave and go anywhere. I'm just grateful that he has a job, and that he can support us. It might not be the greatest job in the world, but hey it's getting us by for now! We just need to move on to the next step, and get some schooling behind us. I'm trying to get Matt to enroll in a trade school. I hope it will happen soon!
Today we took our car in to get the Air conditioner fixed. They said it would probably be a 2 day job to get it fixed. It is going to be so expensive to get this fixed. I'm going nuts just thinking about it. We rented a car, because we only have the 1 car, so we can add that to the expenses as well. Nice....please i hope they get it fixed quickly, and that nothing else will be wrong with our vehicle. I have to say that it was nice to get into an air conditioned car today after we dropped ours off to be fixed! I even got cold, but I wasn't about to complain. I was grateful for the cold air!
My Mom just recently bought a home that is about 6 minutes away from us. I'm so excited for her to be closer to us! This home that she bought was a foreclosure, so she bought the house as is. It's a beautiful house. It's about 5 years old, in pretty good condition. My mom wants to paint all the walls before she moves in, so today we cleaned house. A bunch of woman from my Mom's ward showed up to help. I'm so glad they did because it would have just been me and my mom. Nothing wrong with that, but it would have just taken us forever to deep clean everything. We started cleaning at 6:00 p,m. and didn't get done until almost 9:30 p.m. We are exhausted. Man I have a hard time cleaning other peoples dirt, especially people that I don't know! I cleaned the bathroom, which was not bad. I just kept getting a lot of hair, and it was making me gag! Yuck!!! I'm glad that it's all cleaned, now just needs to be painted, and then we can move my mom in.
So this better be the last time someone in the family moves for a very long time, because we are all sick of packing, and unpacking, cleaning, and cleaning. My family just loves to play Musical Houses! Lot's of fun, want to play???? =) Anyways I'm just grateful that things are coming to an end in many things. It feels good to be able to move on, and get past things! Life always goes on, we just need to go with it. I'm trying so hard, it's exhausting but good. So that was my day, I'm definitely glad it's over. =)

6 comments:

mamaduck said...

Matt paid into the GI Bill, right? He needs to get using it if he did! And, they just made some very important changes to it, I think it can be used for dependents now! So if he isn't using it you better! Remember it is only good for 10 years and that time goes quickly. Also, once you start using it you can only be in school for so much time, or something like that. There's more to it but I can't remember it all, but it is all great changes. Now go sign one of you up for college fall semester starts soon!

The Kotters said...

That's so great that your mom is finally getting settled in a place of your own. It seems like Ronda said she had been waiting for a condo to finish building that she was waiting on but that must have fallen through. I think about her and worry. How is she feeling? She was pretty sick for a while there. Wasn't she out of town visiting someone when she got sick. It sounds like she's doing better! That kind of stinks about the car. If we were close I would volunteer Zane. It's probably not a 2 day job but you know how mechanic shops are. I'm so grateful that Zane is knowledgeable about car stuff and can do repairs like that!!

Shaina said...

so glad your mom will have a great place to live. Nice of you to help her clean up. Hope the ac gets fixed soon!

I'm Always Rite said...

What an exhausting day! I hate moving. Good thing we're going back into the Air Force, right? :\ haha I'm glad you'll have your Mom close-by. I'm going to miss my Mom so much when we leave next month.

Hair in the bathroom makes me gag no matter who's it is. :|

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am so glad your mom is moveing close by!!!

E-ca said...

My goodness! Sounds like your day has been a bit like my week! Broken a/c in the car.. way too much to fix (my car is such crap that I decided to just buy a new one instead)... I can't believe how much it costs to fix a/c.. I about died when they told me how much it would have been... Nuts!

I love your musical houses analogy... I think I am the musical houses fan in my family.. I typically move at least once a year.. but so far, that trend seems to be slowing- I've actually been in the same apartment for just over a year and so far so good.. it may be small, but we have fun!