Yesterday was a bummer kind of day. I don't know what my problem was. I just didn't feel good. I think I am one of those people that gets headaches and nauseated when they get to hot. Anyways I finally gave in to turn the AC on at about 5:00 p.m. and right after I turned it on I heard our little fan turn off. I thought the girls were playing with it, and I told them to turn it back on, but after I told them to do so I remembered that I told them to go downstairs and wait for me because we were going to walk to my friends house to return her books. So I thought well it finally happened the fan overheated on itself and shut off. Not the case though, I didn't hear the AC kick on, and I went to check to see if I really had turned it on. Yep I turned it on, then I realized the alarm clocks were off. I was like great I tripped a circuit breaker. I was going to check it out, but when I got outside I heard one of our other neighbors ask our neighbor if their power was out. So I knew as soon as I heard him ask that question that it wasn't a tripped breaker. So we went on our walk to Jacoy's house. She told me that one of her friends had called to see what was wrong with the power. Rocky Mountain power said that the power would be off until 9:30 tonight. I was like great what am I going to do??? Jacoy was going to see mama mia with her aunt, Matt is at scout camp, and my car is locked in the garage. It's an electronic garage, and I had no idea how to unlock it so I could open it manually. So I had been sitting there board out of my mind with my children driving me absolutely nutsoid when my Mom calls me back. She asked if I was OK, and I was near tears. I wanted to get out of my house, and do something and she says well come over. I said I would love to Mom, but my car is locked in the garage because the power is out, and I don't know how to make it manual. Good thing she knew, and told me how. I was out there so quick to try and see if it would work. It worked, I got the girls in the car right away called my Mom to tell her we were coming over. It felt nice to get out of the house even if I didn't feel very good! I stayed at her house until 10:00 or so helping her put stuff away and organizing a little. I thought the power would be on when we got home, but nope the whole neighborhood was pitch black. It was kind of Eerie. So we got ready for bed had scripture and prayer. The girls would not go to sleep. It was driving me nuts!!! It was nearly 11:00 and I was so tired. I can't tell you how many times I went into their room to tell them to be quiet. It was so hot, I couldn't get to sleep either. I had every window open, but it wasn't doing any good. WE were miserable! Finally at 11:30 p.m. the power kicked back on. I was so relieved! I went and shut all the windows cranked the AC on and went to bed. I was so glad when the power came back on. I was really worried about the food in my fridge. The power was out for nearly 6 hrs. My food was not spoiled, so that was nice! I know that I need to be more prepared for these types of situations. So I'm going to get my butt in gear and take care of it, and get our food storage and emergency kits taken care of. It's not like you are going to be able to order a pizza when a major catastrophe is happening! WE need to be prepared!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate it when the power goes off. Especially when it's not planned for.
Funny how you realize what you are needing when the power goes out. :) Especailly when you can't get your car out, that happened here, but we didn't have power for a lot longer than that. Some guy took out the main power pole to the base with his car, let me tell you it crippled the whole base. That was a few months ago. Good thing we had our flashlights, batteries, etc. :)
Post a Comment