Monday, July 14, 2008

Hives, flowes, weeds, trees, paint, waterfun, & Karaoke.....a crazy weekend!

Remember when McKenzie got stung by a bee? Well I found the hive, and it's not a bee hive, it was a wasp hive. Yeah I didn't even think to look in the ends of the swing set, because for some reason I thought they were solid and not hollow. Whoops. So I had Matt do the dirty work, since he is the Man of the house! He got the wasp spray and sprayed the wasps nest. It says not to remove the hive for 24 hrs, so I thought well what a perfect time to take a picture. Oh yeah there was also a hive on the other side as well. Crazy! I'm so glad my baby wasn't stung multiple times. Guess what I have flowers blooming! Yay! I didn't kill something! It actually grew! Here are my pretty flowers:

I'm going to have to transplant later, and make them more spread out, and add other fun things to it too. So exciting!
So when we moved in to this house on the fence there was this ugly looking vine stuff which was brown because it was early spring. Any who this vine stuff is a flower, but it's basically a weed. It grows like a weed. We have already trimmed it twice, and I'm not talking a dinky trim, it was major. I'm sick and tired of it! so I finally caught site of my neighbor while he was outside one day, and I asked him if he was at all attached to this stuff. He said absolutely not, so I said do you mind if I get rid of it then. He was all for it! yay so the weekend of the 24th or sometime around that time frame we are getting rid of it. Here is what this stuff looks like:
This stuff was touching the ground on our side, and it's touching the ground on the other side, it continues to grow out and makes a huge mess everywhere. This is what we trimmed from our side of the fence last week:
The picture doesn't do it justice of how much we really trimmed off.
Here is a pictures of our front yard from the front doorway. Please excuse the dryness of the lawn, we are doing our best!
I wanted to get peoples opinions. I hate this pine tree, yes it creates good shade, but I hate pine trees in general. I like to be barefoot a lot on the grass and you can't really walk around to well when their are pine needles everywhere. So this is what I was thinking. I want to grow some trees along the front park strip, put another little tree in the left corner of the front yard by the driveway and when that grows to a good size tear out the pine tree and plant a globe willow in it's spot. So just want to know what you think, and what kind of trees should I plant in the places I said.
My Mom started painting her house this last weekend. I wasn't able to help out because Matt had worked and was sleeping, and he had to work this last Saturday. It was normally his day off, but they called him to see if he would fill in, because they were shorthanded. So getting back to the point I couldn't exactly take my girls over there with me while I painted because let's face it there would be nothing for them to do, and they would probably get into the paint and make a huge mess. So me being the good daughter and Sister that i am =) wanted to help in someway, so I talked to my sister and said I will watch your kids at my house so you can help Mom without worrying about your kids as well. They jumped at my offer, so my brilliant plan worked. This Saturday was crazy, but I'm glad I was able to help.
This is what we did to keep busy, so Matt could sleep as well. I forgot to stop recording, whoops!
So some fun game that Kaleb the oldest made up. The kids had a blast! They love playing together!
Here are fun pictures of them posing:

So we spent a good couple of hrs. or more outside. Then it just got to hot and we went in and watched a movie with popcorn. Fun Fun and more Fun!

Sunday we were just dragging. We didn't feel like doing anything. Matt had to work again, so no fun for Sunday night as a whole family. I was talking to my brother in law josh online and he said that they were going to see the fireworks at Weber state university. He then asked what are plans were, and I said a big fat nothing. How sad is that???? Well later I decided that the girls were going to have a karaoke night. I would do most of the singing of course, but the Kenzie and Maddie, loved watching. They ate their cracker Jacks, and watched me sing. Then when they were done eating the cracker jacks I dressed them up and let them hold the mikes and sing and dance the way they wanted to! It was a lot of fun, so the night wasn't a total depressing one.

Here are some fun pix and a video of the girls:


I was so ready for bed when we were done, but you know I had to have my alone time so I stayed up for another 45 minutes to sing in peace. We will have to do it again! It will be so nice when they both can read and follow the words on the screen! Then the party will really begin!

5 comments:

Holmes Home said...

Your girls are adorable and who doesn't love the snowman song! Glad you got those wasps/bees taken care of - Colton got stung this weekend. No fun :(

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a fun summer! I am glad you didn't get stung either! YIKES!

E-ca said...

Sounds like you have been having fun in the sun! And karaoke, I love karaoke! I go with my friends almost every week and we sing our hearts out!! Such fun!

Shaina said...

those dancing queens are ready for a great night!! Fun pictures.

Crystal said...

i remember tons of wasps when i lived in Utah, nasty little bugers. i want the same outfit the next time i go and a karaoke! so much fun!