Friday, January 30, 2009

When Someone you love becomes a memory...

When someone
you love becomes
a memory... that
memory becomes a
treasure

That somebody I love is my Dad. I can't believe that today the 31st will be the 2 year mark of when he died. 2 years? It feels like an eternity. I love my daddy so much, and miss him so much. It's getting easier not having him around, but it is still super duper hard. I'm finally to the point where I don't dwell on it, and let it consume me. Yes I still think about him, and that's why I love this saying so much. He is a memory that I will always treasure. For Christmas my Mom gave each of us that saying. She made it for a relief society Super Saturday project. This is what it looks like:
I'm going to use my sister Kate's idea and put a bunch of pictures of my dad under this saying. I happen to have the perfect frame for it! Here are some of the pictures I'm using, or would like to use. This one is a very special, and very sentimental. My Dad used to give all of us kids wheel barrel rides around the block. We still have the wheel barrel!
We had a barn growing up, and a big pasture. We had Lot's of goats! I have Lot's of good memories of my Dad and the goats.
Me on my Baptism day. I'm so glad my Dad was able to be the one to baptise me!
My Dad and I at a Merry Miss Daddy Daughter activity. We had a fun time!My Dad was famous for trying to blow out other peoples birthday candles. He was a big tease! So here I am on my birthday(I think I was 14) covering my Dad's mouth so he can't blow out MY CANDLES! LOL =)My Dad loved to try new things. He decided that we were going to breed beagles. Here he is holding one of the beagle pups. I think it's really sweet!My Dad and McKenzie when she was about 9 months. He was really good with her, and she loved her Papa Kotter! She still does.I love this picture of my Mom and Dad, and Kenzie. We had gone on a hike together up to Donut falls. Fun times!!!

Dad I miss you, but I know that we will be together again. Love you with all my heart.

6 comments:

Luvnbnamom said...

Oh that saying is so beautifl! Ive never seeen it before! I loved seeign the picturee of your Dad! he was such great man! I hope that today isnt too hard on you guys and that you can reminise about all the wonderful treasures you all hold! We love you guys!

Rayna said...

I like that frame. I also love that wheelbarrel picture!
Well I hope I can be where you are one day, able to look back with happiness and not sorrow!
I know i'll get there soon enough.
Hope today goes well for ya!

Jen Sue Wild said...

My Thoughts and love are with you on this very hard day..

I haven't lost a parent but i have said good by to a child and I know how pain full it has been with out having him here.

Hugs to you today and everyday. Love Jenn

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

I love that saying...I'm glad that you are able to see the fun times with your Dad, he looks like a family man and took pride in his family!

PS I'm the one who deleted a post, I need to read what I post before posting!

Sarita said...

Hey Karen your blog is cute. I copied some of the pictures to my file. It is great to have them. I love Kates idea too maybe I'll do that. I've been looking at that frame and wondering what to do with it. Love all of you guys. Hope to see you soon