Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Calling

Our first Sunday in the ward and we were already getting phone calls to meet with the Bishop.  We came home from my Mom's house late Sunday night the 24th.  I checked the answering machine, a message was waiting.  I listened to it, and my heart sunk when I heard that the Bishop wanted to meet with us.  I was pretty sure the calling was for me since it started out Sister Layton on the message.  I got nervous, and I had Matt call the executive secretary in the ward back to schedule the meeting with the Bishop.  I forget his name, but he did say that the meeting was for me, but they wanted Matt there as well.

I was to be meeting with the Bishop on Tuesday night.  I was so nervous and sick to my stomach for 2 days.  I was worried that it was going to be a leadership calling in the Relief Society.  I prayed that I would be able to accept my calling.  Tuesday came around and we went to meet with the Bishop.  When we went into the church and went down by the Bishop's office their was another couple waiting to meet with him as well.  We talked to them for a bit.  They were the Larson's.  They seemed like nice people.  They came from the 15th ward.  As we were talking Brother Martin comes walking down the hall, and said that he would be meeting with them.  Then he turns to us and says Brother Peterson is going to meet with you in just a little bit.  Then he turns and let's the Larsen's into the office and shuts the door.

I turned to Matt and told him that I was being called to the Primary.  I was so mad.  I love the Primary, but i'm sick of serving in the primary.  Then Brother Perterson, and the Bishop came walking down the hall.  Brother Peterson let us into the old Bishop's office and closed the door.  He talked to us for a bit, and then he got down to business.  He said that they wanted to extend a calling to me to be the CTR 5 and 6 year old class teacher.  I was still upset, but it's not my place to choose which callings I get to have.  In my Patriarchal blessing it tells me so.  I just need to do what the Lord asks me to do.  I accepted the calling.  I was relieved that it wasn't the nursery, and that it wasn't a leadership calling.  I would be teaching Maddie's class.  Hopefully that will go well.

Brother Petersen wasn't sure if they would be calling me to my calling the coming Sunday or not.  They were working on getting a team teacher for the class as well.  That will be nice when it happens.  I hope the team teacher is active, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having one.  I will cope either way, I always have.  This calling will be good, because i'm choosing to make it a good experience.

0 comments: