My girls have been slow picky eaters right from birth. It's exhausting. I wonder where they got that from???? Hmmmm let's see, it would have to be me! Let's backtrack to when I was younger. When I was younger if I didn't like something I would hold it in my mouth and not swallow. I think part of it was I had a hard time swallowing. I had a hard time with meats and vegetables especially peas and spinach. I remember when we would have peas for dinner I would stuff my cheeks full and go to the bathroom to spit them out. I thought I was brilliant! I thought nobody noticed! Now come on my parents are not dumb, they noticed. I just can't remember if I was punished for it. My girls are exactly like me with what they like. They love breakfast food the most, oh and bread. They both don't do so swell with meat and veggies. Normal for kids, I know. They have no problem when we are eating breakfast foods, they will snarf it right down like they were starving to death! I don't want to make breakfast foods for every meal, they need a variety. McKenzie I can get to eventually swallow if I bribe her enough, Madisynn there is no way of getting her to swallow. She has held food in her mouth for 2 hrs. sitting in her chair buckled up. She let's it drool out of her mouth. It's awful! I'm stubborn and like to win, but when I'm tired of dealing with it I just tell her to spit it out into my hand wash her up and say you don't get anything else until the next meal time. I know I've pushed it too far if they end up puking because they gagged, or because they were so upset. Anyways let me get to the point here. Today I was going to feed the girls the leftover beef stroganoff. Normally we have some type of sandwich, but we had leftovers from 3 different meals. Matt took one leftover, I took the other, and the girls were going to split theirs. I thought I was going to have to force them to eat it. McKenzie did great she just needed to hear that she could have bread with butter and honey, and candy. She ate it all, and earned her bread and candy. She says Mom I want the tangy blue ones. This bad boy right here:
I was more than happy to give it to her! Usually we spend an hr or more at mealtimes, if it's something they don't particularly like. Anyways I had to feed madisynn, she ate the noodles with no problem, but when it came to the hamburger meat she held it in her mouth. I decided I wasn't in the mood to fight, so I had her spit it out. So again Madisynn didn't get her candy. I took her to bed and gave McKenzie her candy. I think McKenzie likes the blue ones the best because they turn your mouth blue. I had to get a picture, because she was just being silly about it. So here are her tongue and teeth:

Thursday, May 8, 2008
"I want the tangy blue ones Mom!"
Posted by
Karen
at
2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So far with Hazel I am lucky, she likes to eat Salad and pretty much anything that you put in front of her. The boys were harder to convince. Brennan still is hard to get him to eat. Our rule is that they at least have to try it before they can say they don't like it. Good luck.
Those are some seriously blue teeth! I think all kids are picky for a time, but if you don't make a big deal out of eating, they eventually grow out of it. Isabelle has just recently moved into trying lots of new things and eating a ton. Cole on the other hand, eats like a bird and won't eat meat at all. I never thought I'd have a vegetarian!
Post a Comment