Man, it's been such a long day. I didn't sleep too well last night. I had to get up early so we could go rent a car and take ours in to get fixed. We rented our car from the airport through budget. It was the closest one to us. It took forever to get the rental car. I hate when the person helping you just leaves and doesn't tell you what they are doing, especially when they have your credit card in there hand. I have no idea how long the guy was in the back, I don't know what he was doing. When he came back he had the keys to the car we were renting in his hand, and was ready to swipe our credit card on the computer. Well wouldn't you know it our card was declined. I hate when that happens! I was in no mood to have this happen. I told him to try it again, which he did and the same thing happened. I didn't know what to do, we only have 1 credit card, and they don't except any other form of payment. I tried calling the bank to see what was going on, but it was too early the bank was closed. I called my mom to see if we could use her credit card and pay her back. What a sweetheart she was! She gave us the card number without any hesitation. I love my Mom!!! Anyways I hung up with her feeling better turned to the guy and said I have this credit card number can you use this? He says no you have to have the drivers license to go with the credit card and the person has to be there in person. My heart sunk. I said please try my card again. It took a minute, but it finally went through. Phew, what a relief.
Next Matt and I took the cars out to Cedar Fort where my brother in law works to have Our Acura fixed. It's about an hr or so away from us, but I trust my brother in law. He went to school got a degree in Mechanics, and also a degree to teach Mechanics, so he knows what he is doing. It's worth the long drive. I'm grateful to be able to know someone personally who fixes cars, it's such a blessing. You never know these days who is going to take advantage of you. Anyways I'm rambling....I'm tired. So dropped off the car, and we had to run some errands before going home. Poor Matt though he hadn't been to bed yet, he got home from work at 6:30 in the morning, so he fell asleep right away in the car. We had to go to the post office and mail off our mortgage payment, pick up some lotion for my feet, and go pick up Matt's scout shirt from my Mom who was so gracious again to sew on some patches for Matt at the last minute.
We make it home, and by the time we get there I have this massive headache going on. All I wanted to do was go to bed, but I couldn't because I have 2 children to take care of. It wasn't quite time for lunch, so I put a move on for the kiddos and took I took it easy. By the time lunch was ready, I was ready to fall over. I was so beat, and my head hurt worse. Got the kids fed and put them down for naps. I took some medicine, and fell asleep on the couch. It was a nice nap. When I woke up my head felt better, but I still had a headache. I slept for about 3 hrs. I didn't realize what time it was. When I woke up it was 5:30 and we had a court of honor to go to at 7:00. I still had to get dinner made, and get ourselves ready to go. I wasn't about to walk out the door with my hair all messy! I started to make dinner, spilled grease on my shirt twice. I had to stop, and go and change again. I didn't get dinner made in time. We grabbed the girls put them in the car and went to the court of honor. It lasted until about 8 or so, and then we left.
We got home, I finished making dinner. Madisynn ate hers well, but McKenzie took forever. Matt left for work, so it was me and the girls again. When McKenzie finished eating I told them to come help pick up the toys. No problem with that until I told McKenzie to go upstairs to find the baby stroller and bring it downstairs to be put away. She didn't want to unless I went with her. I told her no, go and get it. She went quickly, and came back down saying she didn't know where it was. I said it's in my bedroom go and get it. She then starts to get fussy and starts to cry. I didn't know what was going on. I asked her what was wrong, and she just blurts out I'm scared. I told her to come sit down and talk with me. She is still crying, and then she says my tummy hurts. I knew what was coming, I sensed it when she said she was scared, and also by how she was eating at dinner. I grabbed the closest thing to me that would work as a puke bowl. I barely grabbed it in time to be able to not have a mess everywhere, thank goodness! I snuggled her until she stopped crying. I have no idea if she is sick, or if she ate too much, or just was so upset. I don't know. The joy of figuring children out I guess!
I didn't sleep very good last night for 2 reasons. first it's hard to fall asleep without your husband. 2nd my foot hurt so bad, it was throbbing. It's been a hard month on my left foot. first I stubbed my ring toe, that was starting to heal, and then McKenzie did something to my little pinkie toe. I'm not sure exactly what she did, but she hurt it. On top of all that I have 3 huge cracks on the bottom of my foot. 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom. Here is a picture:
I was limping all day yesterday and all day today. It felt like someone stabbing my foot each time I walked on it. It's awful I tell you awful. I've dealt with cracked feet my whole life, and it's really bad in the summertime because I tend to go barefoot more often, and wear sandals. Regular Moisturizer doesn't work for my feet. Nothing was working, until about a year and a half ago. My Aunt Ellen took me and my Mom to get pedicures. Man it was so embarrassing because I had let my feet really go, they were NASTY! The girl that was giving me the pedicure starts to shave the skin off of my foot, I was shocked about how much calloused skin I had. I had a really bad split on my foot and the girl doing my feet says you know what we have this really good foot cream for cracked feet. Would you like to try it. I was all for it. My nice sweet Aunt bought me a tube of the lotion. The stuff works so nice. It's the only stuff that works for me. I had run out of it and so my feet were getting bad again. I also go in spurts of doing really well of making sure I put the lotion on twice a day. So now that I bought it today, I'm happy, and I'm going to make my feet well again. So here I am being happy with my foot lotion:
I'm thankful for these following items:
The foot shaver, foot file, and the lotion, they save me every time. It's time consuming, but very much worth it to do. If anyone has skin cracking problems like me try these things out. Well I've got to go to bed now. I meant to get to bed early, but that never happens. It's already 1 in the morning. Blahhhh.....
Friday, May 30, 2008
Tiredness, Rental cars, headaches, court of honor, puke, and cracked feet.... I love my life.
Posted by
Karen
at
12:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like a rough day. I feel your pain. My feet crack to, I found stuff at Bath and Body Works that work on mine. It seems like life seems to throw everthing at you all in one day, crazy. Hope that you have a better day today.
Post a Comment