Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Lovin had me a blast! Hollywood connections...

I know it's been forever since my last post.  It just takes so stinking long for me to type out what I want and make it the way I want it too.  So now I'm regretting not posting sooner because I have a lot to post.  Going back to the beginning of June to the start of our summer lovin.  We got sick, we were still dealing with the cleanup issues with the flood we had, and we were getting ready for Matt's parents to come and stay with us.  Luckily our sickness didn't last long, and the flood issue cleanup was finished the day before Matt's parents came.  We were ready for them to come, and have some fun!  We were excited since it had been about a year since we last saw them. 

While they were here Matt's Dad was able to help matt with some house projects that desperately needed to be done.  I'm so greatful that he was able to help!  We celebrated Matt's Mom's 50th birthday!  She got two parties one at our house, and one at Rachael and Jason's house when the whole family was able to get together.  We ate yummy food, we played Hand and foot, it was just a lot of fun.  Thanks Rachael and Jason for letting us use your house! 

Valerie 50th birthday pictures:
We should have gotten a picture with her and the cake, and not us!  Silly Mom!
While Matt's parents were here they wanted to do something fun for the whole family.  They took us all to Hollywood connections, and to dinner, and then out for ice cream.  Hollywood connections was pretty fun, the kids had a blast!  It was fun to see them have so much fun!  There was one ride though the balloon ride that made me sick.  It's a spinning ride and you can make your balloon spin as fast as you can while the ride is spinning.  once was more than enough, and I went on it twice!  That ride did me in....bleck.  The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of supervision from parents.  We did the miniture golf, and their were a lot of unspervised kids.  They stole my golf ball, they were treating the golf course like a driving range, and they were jumping in and out of the water.  They were rude, and obnoxious.  They ruined the golfing experience for me and my family.  It was all I could do to not yell at them.  Also parents teach your kids to wait in line and not butt into your golf game.  We had a little girl that went on without her family and was trying to golf the same time we were.  Oh it just makes me mad.  The parents didn't do a dang thing about it either.  They just smilied and went about as if nothing was wrong.  So anyways I just needed a little vent session.  I'm ok now.  Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the family out, it was fun!

Hollywood Connections June 2010:



While Matt's parents were here Brenda had her baby.  I was so amazed at how well she was doing at Hollywood connections seeing as she was going to be induced the next morning.  We all thought she was going to have the baby that night because she was looking like she was in labor.  Poor thing!  Anyways little Kaitlyn was born the next afternoon very quickly I might add.  She was born with no complications, but Brenda on the other hand wasn't doing so hot.  She passed out a couple of times from loss of blood, and the next morning had a bunch of serious seizures.  She does have a seizure disorder, and she was doing fine all throughout the pregnancy, and then bam.  I'm so sorry Brenda that you have to go through that.  I'm so glad you were able to recover quickly, and go home as soon as you did.  I'm sorry you had to be seperated from Kaitlyn for that couple of days.  You guys are amazing!
Pictures of Kaitlyn with Grandma, and Grandpa Layton:




Matt's Dad was only able to be here for a week, and had to head back to work.  Matt's Mom went and stayed with her sister and her Mom for the next week.  We still got to see here while she was here.  We went to her sister Lujeans home and had a girls day and played games and ate.  Very fun!  Sorry to say though all Matt's Mom, Grandma, 2 Aunts, Cousin and little girl got sick with the same sickness that we had before they came.  I felt soooo bad.  They got it 10 x's worse than what we had.  It really did a number on Grandma Lemon though wow, i'm amazed she pulled through.

The sickies after recouperating:
Lujean:

Kris & me:
Grandma Lemon still recouperating:
I'm so Thankful for family, and the time we get to spend with them!  I'm so greatful that Mom and Dad Layton were able to come and visit!  Until next time! =)

0 comments: