Friday, September 17, 2010

Summer lovin, had me a blast! Rabbit sitting, and swimming....

The summer is coming to an end. =(  Time to get back into the groove of things.  My cousin Nichole called and asked me if I would be willing to rabbit sit for her. She was possibly going on Vacation to Lake powell the upcoming week.  My cousin is so awesome, and she has been through a lot this past year.  She amazes me!  She has been under stress and was needing a break.  She was very worried about who would take wilson for her.  We don't have any pets, nor do I want any, but I wanted to help her so I said yes.  How hard can a rabbit be?
Nicole brought him to our house to stay.  I told her that if things went well that we might get a pet for the girls benefit.  She jumped at that and asked if we wanted wilson.  Not that she doesn't love wilson, her life is just draining at the moment and she wants a good home for him.  I told her we would see.  Wilson really wasn't hard.  Feed him, make sure he has water, and put shavings in a couple times a day, and clean his cage every couple of days. We left his cage open, and he didn't even try to come out for the first week.  We were all in total shock when he jumped out of his cage, and very timidly moved around.
Wilson was awesome and fun to have around, but I am not ready for pets.  If we got a pet it would have to be an outdoor pet.  I can't handle the mess.  Wilson started shedding about 5 days after we got him.  So we had hair everywhere.  When Nicole called to see if she could come pick him up, she asked if we wanted him.  I had to be honest, and I felt bad, but I told her the girls were definately ready for a pet, but I wasn't.  I told her I could petsit, but not take.  I told her about Wilson shedding and she felt so bad.  It wasn't her fault.  She told me that He sheds 2 weeks out of the year.  Lucky me, we got him those 2 weeks! LOL 

Wilson.  He is 8 years old, and he's not the first wilson that Nicole has owned.  I think this is Wilson #3.  She has him trained to go potty in his cage when he is out hopping around.  The girls loved him:


McKenzie and Wilson:
Madisynn and Wilson:
The girls and Wilson:
The girls have missed Wilson.  They keep on saying that they are going to get real dogs for Christmas.  I told them to go ahead and put that on their wish list for Christmas.  I also said just becuase it's on there doesn't mean you will get one.  I hope they understood.  I'm not ready for pets and i'm not getting dogs for Christmas.  No way! 
So as a close of our Summer we went swimming one last time with my Sister and her kids at camp williams outdoor pool.  It's a $1 per person.  Can't beat that price!  We had a lot of fun, spent the whole day swimming, and talking. It was sad knowing that school was going to start in just a couple of days.  Yuck!

1 comments:

The Villarreal's said...

We went swimming at Camp Williams a lot this summer, and no you can't beat $1 per person.