We were able to have the Kotter family reunion at Bear Lake this year! My Mom, My Brother Chris and his family, My Sister Kate and her family, and My little Brother Quinn. I love Bear Lake we had family reunions on my Mom's side all growing up. We always had so much fun, and I have so many fun memories! When my Sister Kate drew her name to be the one incharge of the reunion she immediatly said Bear Lake! I had been looking forward to this for about 8 months. I couldn't wait to just get there and play! I really hate the getting ready part, and the packing up and going home part and cleanup. I wish those parts could just take care of themselves! LOL Anyways instead of camping we rented a huge cabin. It was worth every penny that we spent! 3 levels the kids slept in the loft all 9 of them, and the rest of us split up the next 2 levels. I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with outhouses and no showers! I'm not much of a camper, i will go and have fun when I have to though.
So we left on a Monday morning, and got to Bear Lake early afternoon, checked in and waited for everyone to get to the cabin.
My Mom and the clock:
When everyone was ready we went to the beach to play for a few hrs. The weather was perfect. A little overcast, and no wind. McKenzie and Maddie did very well in the water. Thank goodness for those swim lessons. McKenzie was diving under the water totally had no fear! Madisynn was perfectly fine to just get her legs wet and play with a sand bucket while wearing her life jacket. Hey at least she was in the water, and not freaking out like times before!
My Brother Quinn and his friend justin took the fishing raft out further in the lake. Matt and I, Sister Kate, and my Brother Chris decided that we were going to swim out to them. We all thought easy peasy, yeah right. The weather started turning on us while we were swimming, it got all windy and cold looking like it was going to rain. Matt gave up and turned around, i'm glad he tried and came with us as far as he could. Good job babe! The rest of us kept swimming. I suck at swimming it is exhausting. We all made it to the raft and were tired. We rested, but not for long though because the storm was moving in fast.
I was not looking forward to the swim back. I wish I knew how far we swam, all I know is that it was a pretty good distance. While swimming my sister says "hey we should all do a triathalon!" She was really enjoying herself. She is an excellant swimmer and has done a triathalon before. Chris and I were like maybe if it was a team triathalon. I would run, Chris would bike, and Kate would swim. I would totally do it if it were that way. So we all made it back safely just intime to dry off. We had to hurry because the wind was blowing so bad and blowing sand everywhere. It was stinging our legs and arms. The kids were freaking out! Now I know that I never want to be caught in a sandstorm. What we went through was probably nothing compared to the ones in the middle east and elsewhere. We got everything and eveyone packed up before it started to pour! Thank goodness!!!
Looks like a bad storm blowing in huh?:
Tuesday was the day we rented some wave runners. I love water toys, they are a blast! Perfect weather, and we all had a blast! We had a little trouble in the get go of getting the wave runners. We had already reserved them, and thought that we could pick them up at either of the rental places. We were wanting to spend the day at the North beach, that didnt' happen though because we had reserved at the rental place closer to our cabin. So we had to drive all the way back to this other place. It was wasted time, but you know what it worked out perfectly. It turns out that you can only use the beach right there if you rent from this place. So we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. The beach wasn't as sandy or as nice as North beach, but the kids still had fun.
McKenzie and Maddie didn't really like the waverunners and spent most of the time on the water floaties, and playing in the sand with the other kids. Mckenzie got buried in the sand, and loved it! Maddie really shocked me by wanting to go on the waverunner more than Kenzie, since kenzie is a little daredevil! It was funny Maddie and my niece Ruby wanted to go for a ride with Grandma and they both fell asleep! Classic!!! It was a fun day about 8 hrs. or so of swimming, riding, eating, relaxing, etc. etc. etc.!
McKenzie excited to be at the beach:
Matt and the girls:
Matt and I:
My Mom and I:
Justin and Kate:
Justin with Jack, and Ruby:
Chris and Sarah:
Chris with Gabe and McKell:
Chris with Trace:
Quinn driving and his friend Justin:
Grandma with Madisynn and Ruby:
Sand time:
Madisynn:
Madisynn:
Madisynn, Trace, Sam:
McKenzie:
McKenzie, Gabe, Jack, Sam,Trace:
McKell, McKenzie, Jack, Gabe, Madisynn, Matt, Sam, Sarah, Trace:
Sophie:
Justin and Ruby:
Ruby:
Gabe:
McKenzie:
The culpruts: Dalice and Kaleb:
Water Toy Fun:
Sam and McKenzie:
McKenzie and Sam:
McKenzie:
Sarah and Me:
Me and Sarah:
My Mom, Me, and Sarah:
Sam and Gabe:
Ruby, Gabe, Sam, Jack, Madisynn, McKell, McKenzie:
Wednesday was a day to do whatever you wanted to do. I decided that I wanted to go for a run. There were some nice hills that I wanted to try running. It was a nice little run. I started out on a pretty big hill made it up it gasping for air, but hey I did it. Then it was flat for a little bit, and then downhill the rest of the way to the main highway. Running downhill is hard on your knees, I did it though. When I made it to the bottom and the main rd. I turned around and started back up. I did really well! I ran up 2 of the big hills and had to walk and catch my breath, and then I started up the last big one and almost made it up to the top before walking. So only having to walk twice is a pretty big accomplishment in my eyes, especially for never really running hills before! Also having other runners and walkers tell you good job and keep it up was really nice and motivating! Maybe I should do a 5K, half marathon, or full marathon....or maybe ragnar.......hmmmm something to think about for the future.
Most of us decided to go swim at the pool near our cabin, and just take it easy. Quinn, and his friend Justin, and my Bro in law Justin had to leave on this day, so it was the perfect day to do this. We also took some family photos as well on this day before the guys left.
Me:
Me, Quinn, Kate, My Mom, Chris:
Grandma and her Grandkids:
The Famdamily! Thanks Justin Head for taking the picture! :
At the Pool:
Me and Trace:
My Mom and McKenzie:
Thursday was check out day. We had to be checked out of our cabin by 10 a.m. We thought that would be a good day to go to Minnetonka Cave to be able to spend more time with Chris and his family since they had moved to New Mexico earlier this year, and won't be able to see them near as much.
The cave was awesome! We got to see Casper the friendly ghost, The seven dwarfs, The devils office, The grinchs hand, and a lot of other cool formations. We got to go down the stairway to hell, and go back up the stairway to heaven. Madisynn was funny she thought we were going on a bear hunt, so she kept looking around for a big bear. She was sad that we didn't see one. Me on the other hand, I am glad we didn't see one!
Sophie, Kaleb, Ruby, McKenzie, Jack, Madisynn, Sam, Trace, McKell, Gabe, Dalice:
Mom, Trace, Chris, Matt, Madisynn, McKenzie, Me, Kaleb, McKell, Sophie, Ruby, Kate, Gabe, Jack, Dalice, Sam:
After the cave my family, my Mom, and my sister and her kids went to North beach to finish the vacation off. North beach is beautiful, and the water was so clear, and shallow. Perfect to play in. I had fun playing in the water with my kids and my nephews and neices! My nephew Kaleb who is 13 is a fun kid to hang around. I love that he follows me wherever I go! I feel like a cool aunt!
Our time at the beach was cut short. Another storm blew in. It blew in fast. One minute we were talking, an dthe next minute the wind starts up. It blew someones canopy into the water, it was that strong! So we had to quickly pack things up, and load up. Drat we wanted to spend at least another couple of hrs. at the beach.
Ruby, Maddie:
Madisynn:
Jack:
Sam, jack:
Sam and his mudballs:
Ruby:
Kaleb, Dalice, mud fight:
McKenzie, Ruby, Madisynn:
McKenzie, Ruby, Kaleb, Madisynn:
We decided that we had to go to the famous La Beau's Drive inn. They are famous for their raspberry shakes, It had been awhile since I had a raspberry shake, so I decided to get me one. The girls got Raspberry as well, and leave it to matt to order a oreo cookie shake. Silly Man! It was a good end to a really fun trip.
I'm so glad that I was able to have this experience with my family! Thanks Kate and justin for planning this reunion. I so look forward to next years reunion that Chris and Sarah will be planning!





















































1 comments:
Goodtimes!! Makes me miss everyone, but what does'nt!
Post a Comment