Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dead Man's Burpee Challenge!




I saw this and I knew that I had to try it!  I actually ended up doing it twice.  The first time was a couple of weeks ago after Matt left for work, and the girls were in bed.  I was set to do this!  I didn't have a fancy timer or counter so I was using my i pod timer, and counting in head.  That gets hard to do when you are gargling your heart in your throat and about to puke.  I think I ended up doing 100 burpee's around the 8 minute mark.  I couldn't keep going or else I think I would have thrown up.  I was not happy about not having an accurate number, so I was going to have to do it again.
This past Monday was the day.  Matt was home, so I had him time me and count my reps.  What a good man he is to sit there and watch me for 10 min.  I completed the challenge doing 123 dead man's burpee's in 10 min! It is such a hard challenge, but well worth it.  I started out thinking it was a piece of cake, and then by about 20 burpee's I was feeling it!  I may just have to try it again to see if I can improve.  We shall see!  I love a good challenge!

1 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am impressed I have thought about it but chicken out every time. You go girl.