Sunday, February 26, 2012

Madisynn lost a tooth!


A couple of weeks ago Madisynn came up to me and said "Look Mom I have a loose tooth!"  I replied back saying "No you don't, you're too little to have a loose tooth already." She insisted that she did, so I checked.  Madisynn was right, she had a loose tooth, a really loose tooth.  I thought maybe it would come out next month. Nope, she lost her first tooth yesterday during lunch.
I was trying to get her to hurry and finish her lunch because her friend Kimmy  was coming over to play. When Kimmy was here Maddie was still eating.  I had forgotten that her tooth was really loose. If I had remembered I would have cut her apple into bite size pieces.  I had cut them into wedges.  When she bit into her apple her tooth pretty much came out.  She came up to me and said I want Daddy to pull my tooth out.  I was shocked!  I told her to go ask him, so she did.  I didn't even look in her mouth cause loose teeth ready to be pulled make me queasy.
Matt told her to go get some toilet paper, and she did.  Kenzie, and Kimmy wanted to see.  Not me, I waited in the kitchen.  Kenzie and Kimmy soon joined me.  Silly girls!  There was no crying or screaming from Maddie.  Turns out her tooth was just sitting in her gums, no blood or anything.  She came running into the kitchen saying look Mom look at my loose tooth!  She was so excited.  I was excited for her!  We put her tooth in a plastic bag to put under her pillow.
Maddie says to me now the tooth fairy will leave a barbie, and a sucker under my pillow.  I have no idea where she got that from.  That wasn't going to happen.  I laughed and told her I think our tooth fairy leaves money so you can buy what you want.  I thought she understood, but she said it again later that night, and this morning.  I told her the same thing, and so did Kenzie.
Madisynn was so excited to go to bed knowing that the tooth fairy was coming.  I sent the girls to bed, and got busy cleaning my bathrooms, and kitchen.  Got lost on the computer while waiting for my sheets to dry.  I was so tired, that I forgot to put money under Maddie's pillow.  I felt horrible when Maddie came running into our room this morning holding her tooth and saying the tooth fairy forgot.  Whoops!  I gave her a hug, and said the tooth fairy must have had a busy night last night.  I'm sure she'll make up for it.  Maddie accepted that answer and went to put her tooth back under her pillow.  Phew!  I will make it up to her tonight.  She will be surprised!

0 comments: