Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love day

I love Valentine's day!  I love the colors, I love the love, I love to see people smile, It's a fun day.  I told myself that I was going to be prepared for it this year.  I wanted to have the valentines all made and set to go early, I wanted my menu to be planned.  I wanted to have a fun day for our family to remember.  Then life happened.  Sickness, work, family stuff, it all came up.  We managed to pull it off and have a good love day!  We finished the valentine's the night before, along with Kenzie's valentine box.  I got Matt's gift, and the girls' put together.  It was a long night

I woke up early to make the pink valentine's breakfast: pink heart pancakes, pink scrambled eggs, and pink milk.  I made the girls' lunches: heart shaped ham sandwiches that had pink miracle whip, pink cottage cheese, an apple, and a hug and kiss candy.  The girls were so excited when they came in for breakfast, they loved the heart pancakes, and pink eggs.  I told them that they had a surprise for lunch, and that I couldn't wait to hear if they liked it or not.
Maddie liked the heart shaped sandwich, but wasn't really interested in eating it.  Kenzie said she got a little scared when she opened hers up because she thought it was blood.  I asked her "do you really think I would feed you blood?"  Come on now!  I thought it was a cute idea.  Kenzie did say that she liked it, and it tasted good.  
Matt and I really didn't get to do much because I helped out with Madisynn's class party.  He also had to work that night, so we celebrated the day before.  We just went to lunch, went and got a gift certificate for I tunes because we both really wanted more music.  Then rented Real Steel, and The Help to watch later.  Didn't do much more because Matt wasn't feeling very good.
Back to Tuesday after my morning crossing I came back home and gave Matt his gift.  A box of donuts from Rogers bakery.  I decorated the box, and put a message on it that said: donut you know I love you a hole bunch.  He really liked it!  It's been awhile since we have had some tasty donuts.  Red velvet, chocolate cake, white chocolate cake, old fashioned, and glazed with pink sprinkles.  Yummy! 
After my afternoon crossing I took Kenzie to run some errands with me, came back and fixed our pink dinner. Kenzie did her homework, and then we surprised the girls with a valentine's gift from us, which they loved.  They had been looking at the stuffed animals in the mugs and so we got them for them along with a precious jewel, and some hugs and kisses.  Our Pink dinner was pink chicken fettuccine alfredo, salad, and the rest of the heart pancakes with raspberry jam.  I know it doesn't really go with alfredo, I ran out of time.  I was going to make heart shaped garlic bread sticks.  I was also going to make the salad dressing pink, but forgot.  Oh well we had fun, and it was yummy!  We had donuts for dessert.  After dinner and the girls got ready for bed we let them play the DS while we watched The Help until Matt had to leave for work.  A great way to end the day.  Happy Valentine's day!

Valentines:  You make my heart glow!  Hugs and kisses.  

Kenzie's valentine box:
The handle was braided boondoggle 

Teacher valentine gift:  rolo's wrapped up like dynamite:

Matt's present:

Kenzie & Maddie present:

Pink breakfast:

I forgot to take a picture of the pink lunch. =(

Pink dinner:



0 comments: