Monday, June 23, 2008

A busy fun weekend

This weekend was a busy weekend for me. Friday late afternoon we decided that we were going to go buy a swimming pool for the girls, because it's been so stinking HOT. We found an awesome swimming pool at walmart for $25 I think it was. I decided I don't care, because I wanted the girls to be able to cool off, and be HAPPY. To quit complaining that they are hot and sweaty! So Yes we got an awesome pool and let them swim in it for a couple of hrs. They absolutely loved it! Here is the pool we bought: Later Matt went to work, and I had no idea what in the heck I was going to do with my night. I was so board, Nothing good was on t.v.. Didn't feel like watching a movie. I chatted online with my brother in law for awhile. I ended up going to bed like midnight or so. I really need to work on getting to bed earlier. I'm trying! Saturday I was going to wake up and exercise when Matt got home from work, but yeah that didn't happen. At least the girls let me sleep in till 8:00 or so. I really didn't want to get up when they got up. So I got up got them ready, then did a kick butt workout, and got online for little while. I ended up helping my sister in law with sharing time. I had done it earlier this month, and hey we are all on the same topic, so I just scanned my activity and emailed it to her. I was glad to be able to help her. Love you Rach. I'm glad it went well!

Let's see after that I finally let the girls get their swimsuits on again and go outside and swim while I mowed the lawn. So I mowed the lawn, and absolutely loved every minute of it. It's so relaxing! I'm just sorry that my poor grass is browning up. I'm trying to figure out a good water schedule so we aren't paying out the rear on our water bill. Our first water bill here was only $25, the second one was $50 something. I freaked out!!! No more letting our water sit for hrs. at a time. We rigged something up to be able to water the back at one time, and then the front at one time. It's working good so far.
Let's see..... oh yea Saturday was our ward dutch oven cook off. We wanted to make something, but time got away from us, so we didn't. I quick got ready for the evening since I worked out and worked outside most of the day. Afterwards I made some brownies and we left. The food was oh so good! We pigged out so much. I couldn't stop eating, and drinking. I'm surprised I didn't puke! When we left I really didn't feel like doing much, but laying on the couch like a bloated pig, and watch a movie with Matt. Again I didn't get to bed until 2 AM.
The girls got up early, and so yes I got up early. Matt didn't even move a muscle. I should have KICKED him real hard and said IT"S YOUR TURN BABE! Of course I didn't. So I made oatmeal for breakfast, and then I got ready. I asked Matt to please give the girls baths. I figured that was fair, since I had to get up early. We actually made it to church like 15 min. early. That hasn't happened in a long time. I have no idea how that happened. Matt got to pass the sacrament. If I remember right, I don't think He has done that since he was younger. I'll have to ask him again. Church was good! The kids were good! We went home had a light lunch because we were going to his Aunt and Uncles house out in Draper for a family get together.
His grandparents were visiting from Nauvoo, and it's been a long time since everyone has been able to see them. So a family get together was a good thing. Oh it was a good thing too. It was great to visit with the family again. It was actually one of the best visits I've had with Matt's aunts and uncles and cousins. I actually felt like I belonged. It was good. The food was oh so good again too. Aunt Thailene made these shredded bar b q pork sandwiches. Oh they were so yummy! I'm going to get the recipe from her! I again ate like a pig, until I was ready to puke! Surprisingly enough I didn't.
As we were leaving to go home we decided that since we were so close to the Draper Temple that we would go and drive up and see it. They aren't through building it, but it's beautiful so far. It will be even more beautiful once they finish the steeple. I love going and seeing the temples! I can't wait to be able to go to this one once it's dedicated! We also decided to look at some of the homes that were being built around the temple, and the ones that were already built close by. OK huge massive homes people. I couldn't believe it. There was this one that looks like a castle it's huge! It's going to be beautiful once it's done being built. I should have taken a picture, but I was bloated still! We'll have to drive back up there and take a picture when it's done being built. So we went home after that, put the girls to bed, and Matt and I stayed up to watch the Mummy Returns, since we had watched The Mummy the night before. I was up until 1:00. I tell you I'm doomed to always be tired. It's all my fault. It's just hard to sleep when the husband is gone. I hate it. I hate having him work graves, I feel like he's deployed all over again. It's a job and it's paying the bills, so I have to accept it for now.
Today was such a hot hot day. I was totally drained of all energy. I did a workout, spent time with the girls, I showered, but I didn't get all the way ready. I fed the girls lunch at 2:00 and put them down for naps after I read a couple of stories to them. I fell asleep too. I was only going to take a quick nap, but that turned into an hr. or so. Good thing Matt called me, because I then realized that I had to make dinner for someone in the ward who had broken her leg, and her husband who had knee surgery earlier in the week. That's a bad combination! I feel so bad for them. I was happy to help out in any way that I could. So while I made dinner, Matt took the girls outside to swim. then took the dinner with my helper Kristine, got home and made our family dinner. I was sweating so bad, I finally gave in and turned the AC on. We've really been trying so hard to save money. I miss being able to crank the AC whenever we felt like it, and watering are lawn constantly. Living on a military base really does have it's benefits!!! I miss that part of it so much! Anyways so that was my weekend and Monday. I'm drained!

Here are a couple video's of the girls playing in their new swimming pool. I couldn't get Madisynn to go down the slide though. I tried. =)


1 comments:

Shaina said...

WHAT A FUN pool at a good price too! Sorry I didn't get you the recipe in time. I'm actually still looking for it. Don't know if I have it anymore. I'm still trying!