Today was a great day, it didn't start off to well though. First I didn't get up to exercise, to tired too. I didn't turn off my alarm clock, I only snoozed it, so it went off again, and woke me up. I slept longer than I needed to. Madisynn was taking forever to eat. At least she ate yes, but we were late for the appointments. Yes I should have dragged myself out of bed earlier so it's my fault too that we were 15 min. late. It was a relief to know that they weren't upset that we were late. That was wonderful! Totally different than the military hospitals, they let you know that they are upset when you are late. I wish that they would realize that things happen. Anyways today was both McKenzie and Madisynn's well checkup appointments. First they weighed McKenzie and measured her. She weighs 35 lbs. and 40 3/4 in. tall. They pricked her finger to check her iron. She was normal on that. Her eyesight, and hearing are great! They checked her blood pressure. It was normal too. She was so cute to watch, she was amazed by everything that was going on. It has been forever since she has seen a Dr. for herself. Her last appointment was probably when she was 2. They wanted us to try and get a urine sample too. Well we tried. McKenzie has never peed into a cup before. We sat there forever on the toilet, and she just couldn't go. The Dr. said well we will skip it for today. Not a problem. We also got her kindergarten shots taken care of, so now she is ready when the time comes for her to go to kindergarten. She was wonderful through the whole process. So here is a picture of the wonder eyed little princess:
Now for Madisynn's turn. Do you think it was good or bad???? Well first they weighed her. She weighed 23.4 lbs. and then measured her and she was 34 3/4 in. tall. She was an awesome little sport too. The Dr. plotted her on the chart, and was very pleased! She is officially on the charts! I'm so excited!!! He asked all the usual routine questions, and was pleased with every single one of them. Then he checked her eyes. He was a little concerned with them. He said he could see some cross eyedness in them. He said that she controls it very well when she was following the light with her eyes, but when she was relaxed it was noticeable to him. He wants us to go see an eye doctor, to see what they say. He checked her ears, and they looked great. He checked her mouth, and he said it looks like she has a high arched pallet. He wants us to go to the Dentist to get a second opinion. I've been meaning to get them both to a dentist, especially Madisynn for her bucky beaver teeth. I told the Doc that when she talks she talks with her front teeth hanging out over her lower lip, and he said exactly. You need to see the Dentist. So I will when we get the dental insurance through Matt's work. The doc was just very pleased. He said to keep her on the polycose for another month or 2 and then taker her off of it, and see how she does. He wants to see her in a year. That is so great! We've been going to the doctors every month or 2 to see about Madisynn's progress. I'm so grateful that it's finally over. She is just a picky eater, and we will deal with that! Madisynn also got 1 shot, and she handled it very well. No tears from either of them. Good job girls! Here is the other brave little princess Madisynn:
The nurse or tech whatever she was. Anyways was very impressed with the 2 of them, and told them that they could choose from the prize box. The girls were so excited they ran after the nurse to get their prizes. It was funny because Madisynn went right for the bracelets, and McKenzie went right for the snakes and butterflies. She didn't choose a snake, but she ended up choosing the butterfly. Better choice! I swear she is such a tomboy sometimes, and that's OK. She has no fear. She would have no problem bringing me a spider, or a snake. She has done the spider before, and that was really gross and freaked me out! I know I would freak out if she brought a snake to me. Yuck!!! Anyways I should have taken pictures of their prizes when they got them, but I wasn't thinking. so I took pictures with them holding them after they woke up from their naps. Madisynn was happy about it, but McKenzie wasn't. So here are the happy and grumpy pictures of them:

So my day is great! Hooray!!!! =) I hope your day was great too!
2 comments:
yeah for a great day! Nice pictures!!
I am glad to here all is well.
Post a Comment