Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another Christmas party




We had a Christmas party on Christmas day with just my Mom, brothers, and Sister and their families. It was great. Again we had great food, I was starving, but I let my eyes get the best of me and couldn't eat it all. After we ate, we opened gifts. My Mom had a bunch of gifts to give to the grand kids. McKenzie couldn't control herself and started opening them up so fast, she was ahead of everyone. We told her to stop, but she is a sneaky little stinker and kept doing it. She ended up waiting for everyone to catch up to her, before she opened her last gift. The kids loved what Grandma gave to them!!! After the gifts from grandma the cousins had their own gift exchange. That went really well. When that was done we got the kids in their pajamas, had scripture and prayer, and put a movie on for the kids downstairs. The adults had their own gift exchange, and then my mom had presents for us. When she was going through all of my Dad's stuff she saved a lot of it to give as gifts to us this year. It meant a lot to us. It made me really sad on the last gift that we opened it said to Karen from Dad, and inside all of the gifts were his favorite shirts. The shirts were long sleeved different colors and they said Champion on them. I instantly cried when I opened it up. I could picture in my head my Dad wearing that exact same shirt. His favorite ones were the maroon, and black ones. After we were done with that, we brought down the gift we had all gone in on for my Mom. The gift contained scrapbook items, and sewing items. She has been saying that she wanted to get crafty, so we got her crafty items. We also wrote her letters. This all started back last year, we all wrote my Dad letters because he was going through a hard time. It helped him and he carried them and read them all of the time. When he died we read the letters at his funeral, so my sister thought it would be a good idea to write letters to my Mom, to help her through this tough time. I hope that she holds them dear to her as my Dad did with his letters. We had planned to play games, but we never got that far. We just opened presents and talked, I wouldn't have had it any other way. At the end of the night the girls were so pooped and exhausted, that they were cranky. Madisynn fell asleep in my arms, after a long struggle, and McKenzie fell asleep in a chair in minutes. While we were getting ready to go, I laid Madisynn down on the couch and my brother Quinn picked McKenzie up off of the chair and laid her down on the couch. Very sweet of him!!! I wish the night could have lasted longer, it was great to be around my Brothers and Sister. I've missed them so much. I just wish my Dad could have been there with us, he probably was in spirit. I sure hope so. I love you Dad, and miss you so much!

0 comments: