Friday, December 14, 2007

Friends



I absolutely love this picture of Christ. It is entitled Friends and it was painted by Liz Lemon Swindle. I first saw this painting in a Seagull book store in Oakland California. Matt and I had done a Temple session and decided to go to the book store afterwards. When I saw it I just fell in love with it. I've never seen Christ in a blue robe before, it's always red, and I just love how cute the little girl is. I love how Christ is just totally chillin with this little child, like a friend would. We should have bought it right then and there, but I'm a tightwad with money, so we didn't. I could have kicked myself, because I've been looking for it ever since and couldn't find it. I told Matt that is what I wanted for Christmas, well that and a digital camera. We were planning on getting the painting, but my Mom asked me what I wanted. She said that she wanted to get it for us. Well I found it at a Deseret book store this past week. Merry Christmas to us, my Mom got it for us a couple of days ago!!! We hung it up last night because my Mom said she wasn't going to wrap it, totally OK with me. It looks so beautiful on the wall, and it just adds more spirit to our home. I love my savior, he is our friend and I'm so grateful for all he has done for our little family.

0 comments: