Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas morning






Well we slept great, and then Matt's parents called and woke us up at 7:00 A.M. They live in Illinois, so they are a couple hrs. ahead of us. They woke up at 6:00 A.M. and had their Christmas. The funny part it was Matt's mom that got everyone up that early! They have their 23 year old son Jacob living with them still, so she was excited! Matt's family always woke up that early and opened their gifts. We did too, but we never opened our presents up until about 9 in the morning. We couldn't go upstairs until our parents came down and got us. It was hard doing that growing up, but the older I got, I enjoyed it more because it made Christmas last longer. So we got the call, and I told Matt don't you dare go and wake our kids up they need to sleep until they wake up, plus I was still very tired. Don't get me wrong here, I was excited for Christmas, and to see my girls enjoy it too, but I need my sleep or I'm a very mean person. McKenzie woke up at about 8, and Madisynn shortly after her. We didn't start opening gifts until about 9. Mckenzie was mad that Santa ate the cookies, We said we put them out for him don't you remember? She then asked if we could get some more for him. We just laughed and said no sweetie Santa has gone back home now. She seemed ok with that answer, thank goodness. The girls enjoyed opening up their presents. McKenzie loved her gifts, but she just wanted to keep opening up presents. Madisynn had a hard time getting the paper off, but she knew the general idea. I was so excited to get everyone a stocking for Christmas. I mean I couldn't not let Quinn and my Mom not have anything to open on Christmas morning, so we got them a little something. They were so thrilled, especially my Mom because she hasn't had a stocking made for her for the longest time. I think she said since before she was married. I wanted Christmas to be special for her, and make her feel good since my Dad wouldn't be here. I think Mckenzie's favorite gift was her dressup stuff. She thinks that she is a beautiful princess, and she is of course!!! I think Madisynn's favorite gift was her Laugh & Learn Piggy bank. I picked it out with her in the store, and she held onto it the whold time. Matt's favorite gift was his scroll saw. My favorite gift was seeing everyone be happy with what they got. After we opened up gifts we had our traditional breakfast of pancakes, eggs, hasbrowns, bacon, sausage, and orange juice. Yum, my favorite!!! After we spent the day putting stuff away, and cleaning up, we got ready for the Christmas party with my brothers and sisters families. It was a great Christmas, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas. =)

0 comments: